Will we get the spoon

• Thread starter Deleted member 24974
  • Start date
  • We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yep, whether we get the spoon is the big question. I have gone from a pessimist to a whinger. The lengths some teams seem to go to in order to shaft us with the spoon . . .

Those ****e Eels winning anything. The panthers playing rubbish most weeks (not this one) and then beating us at Brookie.

Teams doing us a favour and beating say Sharks, Knights or Eels but not flogging them - but Brisbane give us a hiding.

It never ends. My biggest whinge is the fact there is no team having a real shocker this season. Other seasons we would of had a team having a complete disaster - or salary cap penalties or the like. We are very close to the following previous spooners already with many games to go.

2014 Sharks - 5w 2b 14pts
2013 Eels - 5w 2b 14pts
2012 Eels - 6w 2b 16pts
2011 Gold Coast - 6w 2b 16pts

The year Manly "MIGHT" get the spoon even if we win 4 matches for the rest of the season and get to 20pts.

Whinge over - well not really.

P.S - Suffice to say IF Manly get the spoon it will be the spoon with the highest points in 16 team / 2 bye NRL history.

Last edited:
Yep, whether we get the spoon is the big question. I have gone from a pessimist to a whinger. The lengths some teams seem to go to in order to shaft us with the spoon . . .

Those ****e Eels winning anything. The panthers playing rubbish most weeks (not this one) and then beating us at Brookie.

Teams doing us a favour and beating say Sharks, Knights or Eels but not flogging them - but Brisbane give us a hiding.

It never ends. My biggest whinge is the fact there is no team having a real shocker this season. Other seasons we would of had a team having a complete disaster - or salary cap penalties or the like. We are very close to the following previous spooners already with many games to go.

2014 Sharks - 5w 2b 14pts
2013 Eels - 5w 2b 14pts
2012 Eels - 6w 2b 16pts
2011 Gold Coast - 6w 2b 16pts

The year Manly "MIGHT" get the spoon even if we win 4 matches for the rest of the season and get to 20pts.

Whinge over - well not really.

P.S - Suffice to say IF Manly get the spoon it will be the spoon with the highest points in 16 team / 2 bye NRL history.
Firstly, welcome. Secondly, we are the team having the shocker.

I'm gunna take that...as sad as it is...could be the only thing we have to brag about at seasons end.:rolleyes:

What a heap of ship thread. Manly will either make or just miss the top eight this year. Duck all you who posted here and most of all duck the creator of this post. You are the North end of a south bound camel.

Wow how the mighty have fallen.In previous years we'd worry if we'll make the 4 little less the 8.Now we worry if we'll get the spoon.I think the knights will get it.

Let's not think about seasons end. Let's just tale it 1 match at a time:.
Can we beat the Sharks @ FB? Yes or No? Yes, if we play to our potential.

Whilst mathematically a chance of making the 8 I'll never give up on it, however I believe that it's close to impossible now.

The spoon? Unfortunately we're a real chance, but I think we will just scrape past it and end up in 13th or 14th.

In years gone by I could see us battening down the hatches and saying 'Guess What Manly hates you too!' and going on an all out assault from this position. There is just no way I can see it this year with the way we are playing.

F###k, if we get the spoon, well we will have to swallow that pill, bite our tongues, for the long off season ahead. It would be the worst of the worst. Unforgivable? Almost. I already know old fans who have swapped teams.

I guess the worst part is that it doesn't leave much confidence for next season, even though we will have some good recruits come in, you would've expected that the current players should've at least gotten us out of this mess.

One big factor i think most are overlooking, is the killer factor. His absence or lack of effectiveness this season caught the whole team off guard, and there was no plan b for that. This i believe cost us more than our forwards, coaching and other reasons.

I have come to the unfortunate conclusion that something has to change.
Agreed, if we make changes we will avoid the spoon. If we do what we have been doing for the past 12 months we will get the spoon. The only question for me is whether Tooves will make some changes or whether the club will make some changes.

We will not win games while we disrespect possession, we have such a high error rate this season and our halves have to take control of games which we have seen precious little of this season. Sunday is a chance to get on the front foot and then the Titans. we need to win both games to get a roll on. Toovey has to bite the bullet and freshen up the team, that is his challenge or do we yet again get the same old week in week out failure that we see.

We have got some players back and over the last 2 months have won 50% of our games. As combinations and fitness improve so will the results. I had us mid 8 at the start of the year before injuries. Now I think 7-11

Theres a team called Newcastle who will ensure we dont get the spoon....in actual fact will be close to, if not in the 8 as its such a conjested ladder in 2015

Theres a team called Newcastle who will ensure we dont get the spoon....in actual fact will be close to, if not in the 8 as its such a conjested ladder in 2015

That's what we said about Parra... Hoping your right though.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4