Will they ever STFU

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
On the fair dinkum side , if a hit like that was given to Snake, Tom T, Parcell, Lyons or any Manly player we would have been screaming for ten weeks. (Even if their heads were 6 inchs from the ground) ((**** how old am I , inchs?))

As it was I was expecting 16 weeks upgraded with the manly loading to the death penalty.

I think we dodged a bullet on this one and we should just slowing sink back into the shadows.
I get your humour & in fact quite like it, but on a serious note you may not be old enough to remember the 2007 GF when Crocker took out Stewart late & high leaving him convulsing on the ground in a sickening state....the punishment...a scrum to Melbourne & no chance of a Manly win....unfortunately your 10- 16 week theory was non existent & probably a good example of an incident that was far worse & swept under the carpet....

I get your humour & in fact quite like it, but on a serious note you may not be old enough to remember the 2007 GF when Crocker took out Stewart late & high leaving him convulsing on the ground in a sickening state....the punishment...a scrum to Melbourne & no chance of a Manly win....unfortunately your 10- 16 week theory was non existent & probably a good example of an incident that was far worse & swept under the carpet....

That was a disgrace and on a par with the 3 head high tackles Terry Lamb hit Tooves with in the 1995 GF. Took tooves out of the game with impunity from the ref. These incidents in my opinion were far worse because of intent.

When you remove intent, the lessor charges are valid.

That made me sick just reading that.....Crocker:punch:

Oh well we dodged a bullet so kapow has a week break then on we roll . Cheers mike. Sorry brad.

image.jpeg
@wombatgc no worries mate, all spelling errors get a pass from me, more concerned with the contend, and would never assume to stiffle someones creativity.

Which just made me think of something funny. If a scotsman with a broad highland accent uses one of those computer voice type programes, how does the spelling come out?

Anyway, more of a mathematical bent, still chuckling over the confusion of the 24th minute.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    14.2 KB · Views: 0
We all know Kapow hit Bird with a bad tackle... I expected 2-3 tbh.
Thing is, over the past year or 2 players like Gallen & Fifita have had very light sentencing in which Flanagan jumped in "yes, I'm glad they realised its not his go"
Yet after the Kapow scenario in which Bird was 1/2 a foot from the grass, he is apparently blowing up & turkeys like Kent seem to find it the most talkable topic in rugby league.
Yes agree it looked bad & could have got more time, but there's been several cases as bad & worse that the media have almost hidden, with players getting very good treatment from the judiciary.
Prefer to talk some great play over the weekends games...like they usually tend to do ....including a great Manly victory....
Flanagan has to be the biggest whinger out there,he even had a whinge about parcells try,and when Gallen was asked about it on 2KY the other day, he said ,nah he thought it was ok,thats the rules,he played by the rules

Regarding old Flanno's concern for his players. It didn't seem to bother him that they were allegedly using banned peptides.
The supreme court recently found that this illicit drug regime under Flanno's care and responsibility may have contributed to the untimely death of one of his young players. Where's the outrage about that Flanno? Where's the regret? Not a peep of concern there?

Flanagan has to be the biggest whinger out there,he even had a whinge about parcells try,and when Gallen was asked about it on 2KY the other day, he said ,nah he thought it was ok,thats the rules,he played by the rules
What got me about his dummy spit was his side got majority of calls & in fact, another TRY where they called obstruction with DCE maybe having a big toe in line with a player, clearly gaining zero advantage, floating a perfect pass to Turbo....denied a 2nd time ....after gummies had the ball 100% the first 10 minutes with cheap penalties & dubious calls....Manly were by far the superior side for the full 80 minutes & for a coach who has more issues than most, maybe not throw boulders in glass houses & try help a team with zero premiership success, to play better footy & stop looking in the excuse box for answers.

The supreme court recently found that this illicit drug regime under Flanno's care and responsibility may have contributed to the untimely death of one of his young players. Where's the outrage about that Flanno? Where's the regret? Not a peep of concern there?

would just love a Journo to ask him that in response to any of his player welfare rants.

Flanno can tell it to the Judge :mad:

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/cr...2011-supplements-program-20160322-gno99i.html

By MICHAEL CHAMMAS

The lawsuit against the Cronulla Sharks has intensified after three ex-players joined three other former teammates in suing the club for negligence over the 2011 supplements program.

Albert Kelly, Paul Aiton and Dean Collis have launched legal action against the Sharks and have been listed for pre-trial conference on May 17, joining Isaac Gordon, Broderick Wright and Josh Cordoba in seeking compensation.

While the list of ex-players suing the club now stands at six, Fairfax Media understands it could rise to as many as 10 in the next month with other former Sharks considering suing for negligence, breach of contract and intentional tort during a period in 2011 when sports scientist Stephen Dank ran a supplements program at Cronulla

Good read, thanks HM.

Interesting evidence given under oath there by Isaac Gordon. Paraphrasing, he said that the head trainer, Trent Elkin, told him to take pills marked equine use only. Gordon challenges Elkin about that warning and was told it was nothing to worry about, and so he trusts Elkin. Then Gordon ends up with bruising from his ankle to his testicles. And Anthony Tupou and Taulima Tautai reported similar bruising. And he found out, because his blood had become so thin, that a knock to the head could have killed him.

Does Flanno seriously want us to believe that he has concerns about player welfare? And about knocks to players' heads?

Yes, Shane Flagon should count his lucky stars he still has a coaching gig.

What a f-cking mutant, what a f-cking meathead, what a f-cking moron, what a f-cking flog, what a f-cking dropkick - all rolled into one.

He is just lucky that Cronulla don't have high expectations of a coach. It's not like they are realistically expecting a trophy or anything.

will they ever shutup?

Probably not.

Some nuffie just made the internet dumber by posting an article on the roar titled 'taupau high shot warrants suspension.'

Worse still...it's the top of the 'sports' list when I check google news. (so roar articles can end up the headline now?)

Amazing to read one of the comments (thereby breaking internet rule number 3.....don't read the comments) which stated that manly players always get let off! (well firstly...it didn't go to the judiciary, and secondly **** off) - and yet we talk about the Manly loading.

Whilst the article is 'supposed' to be all about the weirdness of gradings...it's a general anti manly rant.

If the blunt tool in a toolshed of an author was actually concerned about gradings, his article should have been written when Buhrer got a BROKEN JAW and Jake kneed in the head only for no action to be taken.

So keep on trying to eat that electrified cupcake and leave the typing to the other angry gorilla's found swinging in your family tree is my recommendation.

No one likes us, we don't care.

will they ever shutup?

Probably not.

Some nuffie just made the internet dumber by posting an article on the roar titled 'taupau high shot warrants suspension.'

Worse still...it's the top of the 'sports' list when I check google news. (so roar articles can end up the headline now?)

Amazing to read one of the comments (thereby breaking internet rule number 3.....don't read the comments) which stated that manly players always get let off! (well firstly...it didn't go to the judiciary, and secondly **** off) - and yet we talk about the Manly loading.

Whilst the article is 'supposed' to be all about the weirdness of gradings...it's a general anti manly rant.

If the blunt tool in a toolshed of an author was actually concerned about gradings, his article should have been written when Buhrer got a BROKEN JAW and Jake kneed in the head only for no action to be taken.

So keep on trying to eat that electrified cupcake and leave the typing to the other angry gorilla's found swinging in your family tree is my recommendation.

No one likes us, we don't care.

I looked at this thread and thought " who the **** would post something at 5.14am on Good Friday.

Guess it wasn't 5.14am in Canada!!

Seriously @globaleagle you must have to watch games at some pretty wierd times buddy??

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4