Will they ever STFU

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
We all know Kapow hit Bird with a bad tackle... I expected 2-3 tbh.
Thing is, over the past year or 2 players like Gallen & Fifita have had very light sentencing in which Flanagan jumped in "yes, I'm glad they realised its not his go"
Yet after the Kapow scenario in which Bird was 1/2 a foot from the grass, he is apparently blowing up & turkeys like Kent seem to find it the most talkable topic in rugby league.
Yes agree it looked bad & could have got more time, but there's been several cases as bad & worse that the media have almost hidden, with players getting very good treatment from the judiciary.
Prefer to talk some great play over the weekends games...like they usually tend to do ....including a great Manly victory....

On the fair dinkum side , if a hit like that was given to Snake, Tom T, Parcell, Lyons or any Manly player we would have been screaming for ten weeks. (Even if their heads were 6 inchs from the ground) ((**** how old am I , inchs?))

As it was I was expecting 16 weeks upgraded with the manly loading to the death penalty.

I think we dodged a bullet on this one and we should just slowing sink back into the shadows.

On the fair dinkum side , if a hit like that was given to Snake, Tom T, Parcell, Lyons or any Manly player we would have been screaming for ten weeks. (Even if their heads were 6 inchs from the ground) ((**** how old am I , inchs?))

As it was I was expecting 16 weeks upgraded with the manly loading to the death penalty.

I think we dodged a bullet on this one and we should just slowing sink back into the shadows.
Gold!

Burher got his jaw broken in the trials, can't remember everyone banging on about that. Jake got knocked out by a lifted knee (by a player with previous), that got overlooked as well. Bird wasn't even knocked out, he jogged off the field and will be fine to play this weekend. Yes I wish they would all stfu as well

Dylan Napa either goes high in every tackle or drops a shoulder and has never been charged. What annoys me most is people call him a good hitter.

(Even if their heads were 6 inchs from the ground) ((**** how old am I , inchs?))

What are inchs?@;)

(...wombat slips back into the shadows knowing full well his next spelling mistake will be hammered by @Woodsie lol)

Oh yeah agree with topic...'ol Marty gunna have to watch himself, he just used his get out of jail free (close enough) card.

I really have no time for Flanagan. He's just a grumpy tosser. He's always been really sour, I remember when he came back from his suspension and he was a compete amateur, not expecting questions on the drugs issue???? I mean who would have thought that might be an issue??? But instead he refused to answer and then gave the reporter death stares.

Now Marty is very lucky, not debating that at all. But Flanagan has had his share of good luck.

The thing is Taupau's arm, if you look carefully at the film, is coming in as if to hit Bird in the midriff or lower chest. Bird was ducking down when he was hit and that's why he got hit high. Look closely and you'll see Taupau wasnt even looking where he was making contact but was obviously assuming he was hitting in the middle of the body. That is unintentional but reckless and the penalty was appropriate for the nature of the hit. Flannagan is just mouthing off getting the best for his team but in this instance he is just damned wrong and should be careful he doesnt set up his own players to receive some heavy penalties.

@wombatgc no worries mate, all spelling errors get a pass from me, more concerned with the contend, and would never assume to stiffle someones creativity.

Which just made me think of something funny. If a scotsman with a broad highland accent uses one of those computer voice type programes, how does the spelling come out?

Anyway, more of a mathematical bent, still chuckling over the confusion of the 24th minute.

Ok....point is, there are all these tackles, late shoulder charges ect....3 seconds after passing at the line with malicious intent that could have ppl in wheelchairs....the general consensus after the player involved cops a week or 2 is "let's give him benefit of the doubt, the decisions been made, let's move on"....then in this instance it becomes a circus....as I say, not a great look, but stand by the fact they have really jumped on this....maybe if Manly lost it would be viewed not as bad .....

Dylan Napa either goes high in every tackle or drops a shoulder and has never been charged. What annoys me most is people call him a good hitter.
Spot on!

In fact Napa performed TWO head highs in the one game this season against Canberra & wasn't suspended for either.

Sure, Taupau was lucky but the trial by media is disgraceful & embarrassing.

And as most of you have highlighted, Flanagan & the Sharks have had their fair share of luck lately so it reeks of hypocrisy for them to take the moral high ground & preach about fairness after what they've done in recent years.

Spot on!

In fact Napa performed TWO head highs in the one game this season against Canberra & wasn't suspended for either.

Sure, Taupau was lucky but the trial by media is disgraceful & embarrassing.

And as most of you have highlighted, Flanagan & the Sharks have had their fair share of luck lately so it reeks of hypocrisy for them to take the moral high ground & preach about fairness after what they've done in recent years.
Just on the Napa thing did anything gets said about that? I laugh because I hate Ricky Stuart and wanted to see him whinge, but those 2 incidents seemed to be completely overlooked.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4