Will Snake play this weekend?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Masked Eagle

Bencher
Do people think Snake will or should play this weekend?  Matai is back and young Hoppa is obviously a quality fullback and Oldfield isn't letting anyone down on the wing.  If Snake isn't 100% then let him rest again, you wouldn't want him doing a hammy and missing 3-4 or even more games. 

Our backline with him out still looks pretty good:

1. Hoppa
2. Robbo
3. Lyon
4. Matai
5. Williams/Oldfield

Thoughts?

He should be fine to play but if not Hoppa must be at the back for us. But you could tell we missed Snake on Friday night just with his voice at the back.

I think Wolfie's out for a few weeks - I saw him after the game in a full leg brace.

Snake is incredibly important to us but i would not have him out there unless he is 100%. We will need to be on our game against the sharks as imo it is yet another danger game. Nathan Gardner is playing some great football so we need to keep him in check.

torana355 link said:
Snake is incredibly important to us but i would not have him out there unless he is 100%. We will need to be on our game against the sharks as imo it is yet another danger game. Nathan Gardner is playing some great football so we need to keep him in check.
You're dead right about Nathen Gardner he's been playing out of his skin, this should be a great game.
I don't think the sharkies are a guaranteed 2 points anymore, we'll have to treat them with respect.

manlyforever08 link said:
He should be fine to play but if not Hoppa must be at the back for us. But you could tell we missed Snake on Friday night just with his voice at the back.

I think Wolfie's out for a few weeks - I saw him after the game in a full leg brace.

I think we definitely missed Snakes talk at the back. Our numbering in defence was really bad on several occasions, not just one man overlaps but sometimes 2 & 3.  Of course that's not to blame young hoppa as there needs to be more than one man talking but thats where a fullback who reads the play can really help a team out and we definitely missed that last friday night.

Hammys are funny injuries.  If there was any doubt than I'd give him a week off.

I noticed the Warriors targeted the Flakes centres on Sunday and got results.  However the fullback is a danger, as others have noticed.

DSM5 link said:
I noticed the Warriors targeted the Flakes centres on Sunday and got results.  However the fullback is a danger, as others have noticed.

This might seems strange to suggest but the one player I would target is Gallen, or more specifically the wholes either side of him.  Gallen is a bit like Foran in that they love the contact and can often be drawn out of the line as they can resist trying to put a shot on.  If you run smart lines and some good ball playing you can really exploit that and from memory we've been fairly successful at doing that in the past against Gallen.

manlyforever08 link said:

That sounds a lot worse than what injuryupdate.com.au has him out for. They have him back for round 5 as well as all our other injured players except for Shane Rodney who is out until Rnd 22 (if not season ending).

he was walking okay in the leg brace (and it was pitch black too - idk why he and matai were hanging out in a dark park waiting for their ride) - i think i heard about 3-4 weeks..

Masked Eagle link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=187296.msg330293#msg330293 date=1301880770]

This might seems strange to suggest but the one player I would target is Gallen, or more specifically the wholes either side of him.  Gallen is a bit like Foran in that they love the contact and can often be drawn out of the line as they can resist trying to put a shot on.  If you run smart lines and some good ball playing you can really exploit that and from memory we've been fairly successful at doing that in the past against Gallen.
[/quote]

I agree, target Gallen but not for the holes but for the niggle.  Get into his ear and he will snap and sent off.

Completion rates is the key for this match.

They play a type of game where that play safety first football and complete their sets and try to frustrate opponents. We need to match them in that department and if we do we have the more potent attack.

Their pack is as good as any and this won't be easy game.

I'd be targeting their halves especially Wade Graham who has a few mistakes in his game when the pressure is on him.

I'd be happy coming away with the 2 points and no injuries.

Two Poos is playing very well this year, never rated him until the last few weeks, Jeremy Smith has added a lot of starch and Gallen always puts in...could be a VERY hard game this one and whilst I'd hope for a win I would not be surprised if it's a loss.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2