Will snake be playing next season?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Will snake play next year?

• Yes

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • He will, but cant seeing him play all season

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
So with all this talk about Uate, I think one of the biggest things we are not talking about is Snake.

If he is playing next season, then Tommy T and Tufua will likely be the wingers. Turbo will not be left out of the team.

I think its fair to say snake (and Matai) wont play a full season which brings williame/wright/uate into the frame.

Plus there is rumours Snake will head to england and skivvy will medically retire.

Just wondering other thoughts?

Matai will play and I doubt snake will. Matai has a season left in him and won't hold back the side, snake will. We are a better side with Tom in the one, he is our best player and his best position and his position is fullback. I love Snake but it's time for him to either retire of leave for England. He has no future in the Manly team.

Personally I think it's pretty poor form the club hasn't made an effort to better keep us updated re the health/rehab of Snake and Stevey. They are 2 Manly legends playing in 2 significant positions in our team. We all want to know how they're going, throw us a bone ffs..

Sadly I think that @Turbo1 is correct. If Snake was fit AND motivated to play and was able to keep that motivation for the year then I'd say sure, let him play and have Tommy either in the centres (if Skivy is ruled out) or on the wing. But otherwise we really are better off with Tommy at fullback.

Best to let both Matai and Stewart go, they haven't anything left to give on-field. Tom is not a future star, he's a star now! And poor old Matai is like a 17yr old cattle dog kicked by a bull. Sentiment carries ppl a long way during success but now it's just bordering on embarrassing them two hanging on.

So with all this talk about Uate, I think one of the biggest things we are not talking about is Snake.

We've talked about Snake so much, there's really nothing more to say. He's in the UK checking out the ESL, now that Glenn's signed over there, and his future's up to him. We continue to wait for his decision but I'm not holding my breath either way - it happens when it happens.

So to answer your question, who knows!

If Snake REALLY WANTS to play for MWSE,
if he can produce on the field in the early season then
he should be able to do some more matches, maybe the whole season. TT should be studying Snake' s defensive positioning, cause it's in this area that Snake has something to teach, something to offer the club, during this period of transition.

If Snake REALLY WANTS to play for MWSE,
if he can produce on the field in the early season then
he should be able to do some more matches, maybe the whole season. TT should be studying Snake' s defensive positioning, cause it's in this area that Snake has something to teach, something to offer the club, during this period of transition.
If it's going to be 2016 snake teaching Tom I don't think he needs that. Snake showed no commitment last year mainly in defence.

I say give Snake and Matai one more chance to redeem themselves.

If the outcome is the same as this season, let them go.

If they prove to have some fight left in them, keep them for 2017 and 2018.

Storm are keeping Smith and Cronk until the end of 2018, and are even giving Slater another chance!

I'd say Snake and Matai are both done unfortunately, but it would be awesome to have them hanging around the training squad, even better if Snake was running the water out the back line, like Alfie!

If it's going to be 2016 snake teaching Tom I don't think he needs that. Snake showed no commitment last year mainly in defence.
Still think if Snake is 100% fit he is still our best choice at 1. The problem is that he hasnt been 100% for years so he needs to step down and the club should look after him in some capacity. He has a contract so no one should expect he walks away without anything. I think Matai will go one more and I hope Snake medically retires and gets an assistant coaching gig of some sorts. We need to treat the veterans better so younger players see that they are not discarded the moment they fall out of form. If that keeps happening, we may struggle to attact talent to the club.

Still think if Snake is 100% fit he is still our best choice at 1. The problem is that he hasnt been 100% for years so he needs to step down and the club should look after him in some capacity. He has a contract so no one should expect he walks away without anything. I think Matai will go one more and I hope Snake medically retires and gets an assistant coaching gig of some sorts. We need to treat the veterans better so younger players see that they are not discarded the moment they fall out of form. If that keeps happening, we may struggle to attact talent to the club.
Certainly I hope he gets what he is meant to. He's earned it. Delivered 2 premierships to the club.

Personally I think it's pretty poor form the club hasn't made an effort to better keep us updated re the health/rehab of Snake and Stevey. They are 2 Manly legends playing in 2 significant positions in our team. We all want to know how they're going, throw us a bone ffs..

Why would the club tell you they are trying to push snake out the door while snake wants to stay. An announcement will be only made if he signs elsewhere. Its believed things are getting ugly between him and the club.

I hope he stays another year and shows he's still a class player although not the one we're used to.

He played injured during the year and it hampered his performance. I believe he did this for the good of the team knowing that we had most of our backline out at the time he injured himself.

The fact he went straight into hospital for his operation showed me he stuck it out for the good of the team. Sure his enthusiasm was down but I put it down to his injury.

You don't lose class like this guy has. If his operation went well and is fully fit, give him his last year.

In saying that, I think he will end up in England only if he gets his full pay. It'll be sad if he's pushed as I think he's earned the right to decide himself for next year.

As for Matai, I hope he's fully recovered but if he doesn't know by now & his op was a while ago, it doesn't sound too encouraging. If he could get a medical payout, it would seem the best option for him to take.

Whatever happens with them both, they will always be regarded as Manly legends.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6