1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will Mattai's tackle rub him out for a few games?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by swoop, Jul 6, 2009.

1. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,201 / 16
    Mattai's reputation will probably see him suspended even though the guy was only about a foot off the ground when he was hit. It was accidental.

The judiciary tend to treat players like Mattai differently. Like they did with Hoppa.

Hopefully he'll defend it and get off. We need all the players we can muster to defeat the dragons.

2. missing_something

missing_something Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    it shouldn't the guy fell into it.

3. Brookvale

Brookvale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 1
    i heard the bullfrogs glass jaw was fractured?? Is that correct?

4. Biscuits

Biscuits Active Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    he will. It was an identical tackle to one he did on a falling ben smith a couple of years ago and he copped a suspension

5. missing_something

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah but he was so low to the ground it could of be due to his jaw dragging along the turf, you can't suspend someone for that.

6. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    falling or not he has to avoid making contact, the onus is on him. 2 weeks because of all his points

7. chrisos

chrisos Active Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 19
    it all happened so quick and the guy totally fell into it,matai defended solidly tonight,hope he doesnt get suspended.

8. missing_something

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you gave Matai 2 for something that soft where the guy fell into it you'd have to give heath 4 and goodwin 8 to be fair even taking loading into consideration.

9. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    If you gave Matai 2 for something that soft where the guy fell into it you'd have to give heath 4 and goodwin 8 to be fair even taking loading into consideration.
    [/quote]
    I didnt say I would give him that much just predicting what the judiciary will do

10. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    I'd defy the judiciary to tell him how to withdraw his arm from contact after the Bulldog slipped.  But Matai should not expect any favours. 

Kevin Moore made an issue of it in the press conference.  Tosser.

11. mwsneagle

mwsneagle Active Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    With Mata - there was definitely no intent and in fact he was probably going for the chest to keep the player down .. please if they give him any time the NRL is completely..... plse insert @@@@@@@@@*********!!!!!!! any bad words you know.

12. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    Mata knew what he was doing just ask anyone in Dubbo

13. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    I remember Andrew Ryan getting off one very similar a couple of seasons ago when they got some human movement expert in to give evidence that the player was falling and it was impossible to avoid contact to the head. Maybe if we ring the Bulldogs they'd be happy to pass on the experts name so we can help Stevie out.