Will Mattai's tackle rub him out for a few games?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
Mattai's reputation will probably see him suspended even though the guy was only about a foot off the ground when he was hit. It was accidental.

The judiciary tend to treat players like Mattai differently. Like they did with Hoppa.

Hopefully he'll defend it and get off. We need all the players we can muster to defeat the dragons.

he will. It was an identical tackle to one he did on a falling ben smith a couple of years ago and he copped a suspension

Brookvale link said:
i heard the bullfrogs glass jaw was fractured?? Is that correct?

Yeah but he was so low to the ground it could of be due to his jaw dragging along the turf, you can't suspend someone for that.

falling or not he has to avoid making contact, the onus is on him. 2 weeks because of all his points

it all happened so quick and the guy totally fell into it,matai defended solidly tonight,hope he doesnt get suspended.

Dan link said:
falling or not he has to avoid making contact, the onus is on him. 2 weeks because of all his points

If you gave Matai 2 for something that soft where the guy fell into it you'd have to give heath 4 and goodwin 8 to be fair even taking loading into consideration.

missing_something link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=180976.msg231161#msg231161 date=1246881881]

If you gave Matai 2 for something that soft where the guy fell into it you'd have to give heath 4 and goodwin 8 to be fair even taking loading into consideration.
[/quote]
I didnt say I would give him that much just predicting what the judiciary will do

I'd defy the judiciary to tell him how to withdraw his arm from contact after the Bulldog slipped.  But Matai should not expect any favours. 

Kevin Moore made an issue of it in the press conference.  Tosser.

With Mata - there was definitely no intent and in fact he was probably going for the chest to keep the player down .. please if they give him any time the NRL is completely..... plse insert @@@@@@@@@*********!!!!!!! any bad words you know.

I remember Andrew Ryan getting off one very similar a couple of seasons ago when they got some human movement expert in to give evidence that the player was falling and it was impossible to avoid contact to the head. Maybe if we ring the Bulldogs they'd be happy to pass on the experts name so we can help Stevie out.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6