Will Manly's playing style change

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Riccardi has speed and good hands, up to Tooves where he plays him. Reckon he'd be good off the bench this year. Be nice to see a couple of backs on the bench, did'nt happen under what's his name.

I would think that DCE will be included in Qld origin team and Foz into the NZ test team next year, so we will need a good back up, Riccardi may get his chance.

We have the forward pack to eat metres in attack & bash teams into submission in defence. Our spine 1, 6, 7 & 9 is the best in the comp. Our centres are top draw & our wingers although a bit raw, have plenty of speed. Our bench is rock solid. Yeah we'll go alright in season 2012.

Obviously our team is great, solid all round the park and our young blokes will only get better, things of concern for me;

- 2nd year syndrome for DCE
- Affects of WCC on team
- SOO, with success brings more selections at rep time this means some losses which should be wins and more fatigue towards the end of the year
- New coaching structure, will the team take sometime to adapt to Tooves style/methods
- Injuries - we were lucky in 2011 that key players were available for most of the time. If we lose any of say Foran, DCE, Snake, Ballin for extended periods we could struggle.

If we can overcome these and have some luck again with injuries we should be there and abouts when the whips are cracking in September.

Ditto to what Ryan wrote, an appropriate summary from my point of view!

I posted here a few weeks ago that I went through the draw and pencilled in 2 points where Toovs would expect this outstanding group of experienced players to get wins, the outcome is very scary for other teams as it has us finishing on around 36-40 similar to last year! I even gave away a few games to upsets but more importantly I had us knocking over teams we are clearly superior to like Chooks, Pussy cats, Storm, Warriors, Eels, Slum Dogs, Raiders, Cows, Titans, Panthers, Gummies, Knoughts, Miximos! That leaves two teams I think could be our biggest hurdle to going back to back Drag Queens & Drongos, both have very good depth and are full of experienced players who know what it takes to win big games.

Without going off way too early this feels like a very similar situation to that other game where a winning coach left a very successful team and a new coach comes in and it's business as usual more or less! The same playing group by and large a few new one's or emerging talent Lussik, Ben Farrar (I think this kid will shine with our current halves), so with all things considered I'm going to have a good drink on New Years as I look at my premiers watch to the count down to 2011 and look forward to another sensational year ahead watching our boys smash their way to a tittle defense!

Like most of you I'm going to enjoy seeing Hasler struggle with the cattle he's inherited in Habbib territory!

GO THE MIGHTY SEA EAGLES in 2012

seasons greetings and i hope a happy and prosperous 2012 to all,just thought i'd throw this in for discussion,i thought that the period when glen got suspended last year was when dce really showed his playmaking skills and we looked really dangerous with a running forward in the play.Do we need two playmakers on one side or would we benefit more with another ball runner?My thinking is that if you've got a bloke who can put a bloke in a hole he needs a bloke who can be there to run into it.Do we need to modify our right side attack to acknowledge dce's skill?I ask these questions from an abundance of riches point of view,not any negative perspective.
cheers all mike

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7