Will Manly stars save Origin?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

weev

Bencher
It certainly sounds like they will reading the press, such as articles like http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/boost-for-blues-as-t-wrecks-roosters-20120624-20wmv.html

We all do remember, don't we, when T-Rex had the movement of the 'queen mary' and was 'lazy'?

He is now, it seems - and the fact he's going to super coach Des - a superstar worth reporting on.

Losing T-Rex is kind of sad though, since he was a no-one beforehand, and now he's an origin saviour (possibly)!

The upside on all of this, and players must be acutely aware of it, is that the time is now. This current Sea Eagle outfit plays this season only. They know it's all there is, and they might lift because if it.

Because 2013 will just be another new, unknown, beginning.

Yes, not so long ago when Tony first came to Manly from Parra, he was often criticized as been slow, had the wrong running style, no lateral movement and not suited to be a winger.

The last complaint "winger" .....blind freddy could see.

so glad he went to the backrow where his size and bulk would be most effective and in the ensuing years have given him superstar status.
He is however not just a one dimensional player and possess some pretty neat tricks in his arsenal....Dave Taylor is also quite talented for a big guy.

Yes, to answer your other question, manly players have made a difference already & will win the series with Brett, Glen, Tony and anthony in the side :)

Depends how they play.

If nsw win, I'll be just happy to say it's a team effort.

It is funny how the origin game has a lot more interest when you're own team has players in it - it does for me, anyhow.

With four Manly Champions the odds are in NSW favour :)

Good luck to our representatives, and may they all come back reinvigourated :angel:

HappilyManly said:
With four Manly Champions the odds are in NSW favour :)

Good luck to our representatives, and may they all come back reinvigourated :angel:

Yep the Manly boys know how to win matches at Suncorp.

captainskin said:
It is funny how the origin game has a lot more interest when you're own team has players in it - it does for me, anyhow.

That is why i'm a Townsville born, NSW supporter. I feel slack when i read posts about how bad it is for NSW born people to live in Qld during SOO. Try being a native and supporting the all mighty Eagles all year, and the Blues through origin. NUT UP!!
It will be the players who go with Tony that will look good this third game. The Qld team will swarm him, and whoever is there for his offload will reap the rewards.

I am pretty sure all the negativity around Tony Williams was primarily from supporters rather than newspaper reports?

I don't care who wins Origin, as long as Brett, Glenn and Choc don't get injured.

I was also one who had always defended T Rex on these forums, even when he was on the wing. I retract all those statements.

I'm with Bones on this one,I can't wait for all of this origin hype to be over and get on with club football.
I don't start the year thinking " I hope NSW wins it this year"

Yes, definately Manly premiership 1st - daylight 2nd.

Its not good that Gift could be risking the business end of 2012 with Manly for this game. Doubtful he could be at 100% with an injury that looked more 4-6 weeks out.
If fit, imo he would fight for MOM honours with Gallen, but I prefer him ruled out.

The SOO is a good spectacle for anyone , including those who dont follow footy, but I far prefer watching a Seaeagles game.

bones said:
I don't care who wins Origin, as long as Brett, Glenn and Choc don't get injured.

I was also one who had always defended T Rex on these forums, even when he was on the wing. I retract all those statements.

Bones, I know you were loud in support of T-Rex through those controversial times, and could this just be another opportunity for more of the same?

Now is now. Next year is an eternity away. The milk is spilt. So:

• Are you certain that withdrawal of your support will help Manly to perform at their peak this year? If not, what does it really achieve?
  • What is the connection between provision of unconditional support for teammates and team spirit?
  • If a team wins even one premiership a decade that's major cause for celebration. It is just possible T-Rex may just be the vital difference that wins us our third in 5 years?

Rex said:
bones said:

Bones, I know you were loud in support of T-Rex through those controversial times, and could this just be another opportunity for more of the same?

Now is now. Next year is an eternity away. The milk is spilt. So:

• Are you certain that withdrawal of your support will help Manly to perform at their peak this year? If not, what does it really achieve?
  • What is the connection between provision of unconditional support for teammates and team spirit?
  • If a team wins even one premiership a decade that's major cause for celebration. It is just possible T-Rex may just be the vital difference that wins us our third in 5 years?

1. I am certain that it makes no difference whatsoever to Manlys chances whether I support T Rex or not.
2. If a players leaves Manly I wish them well..... Except if it's to the Bulldogs.
3. I hope Manly do win it's third title in five years this year.

To answer the original question, they can but providing Glenn plays. I don't think they can do it without him. Similarly, I don't think WE can go b2b this year without him.

Therefore hoping he doesn't play Origin unless fully fit and even more so hoping they all get through uninjured. Our season is more important than Origin!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4