Will Manly get a 'softer' draw in 2016?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

weev

Bencher
I ask this as we came 9th. How is the draw determined? Who plays who once or twice in the regular season.

I don't think there has been a fair seasons draws since the comp had 12 teams, everyone played every other team twice and there was no rep commitments (hence the meaningless and low value of the minor prem).

It's hard to know which teams will be "poorer performing" sides before the season starts.

If your good enough, stuff like this shouldn't matter.

They used to have the top 8 play each other twice and the bottom 8 each other twice, I stated this recently to be shot down in flames.

If you want to even up the comp, then I reckon that's a great start.

Ahh no.
Todd.jpeg

There used to be a somewhat logical way to sort the draw which was mostly fair for the teams.
The standing at the end of the previous regular season were arranged into two columns and groups of two.
The teams in column one played every team in column two twice (16 games), and every team in their own column once (7 games) with the exception of the team in their smaller group, which they also play twice (+1), so 16 + 7 + 1 = 24 games.
upload_2015-10-7_17-9-2.png

The only issue is that this method didnt take into accounts rivalries, local derbies, etc so i think the clubs wanted more of a say in it and the method was discontinued.

Much the same as how @Moondog picks a winner at the track. Except Vic always gets more winners per year than we get Sunday games. Hmmm....can you do one of your undercover investigations into this @Shoe1 ?

There used to be a somewhat logical way to sort the draw which was mostly fair for the teams.
The standing at the end of the previous regular season were arranged into two columns and groups of two.
The teams in column one played every team in column two twice (16 games), and every team in their own column once (7 games) with the exception of the team in their smaller group, which they also play twice (+1), so 16 + 7 + 1 = 24 games.
View attachment 2387
The only issue is that this method didnt take into accounts rivalries, local derbies, etc so i think the clubs wanted more of a say in it and the method was discontinued.

YES, the only FAIR way to construct a draw from known data.

Re "The only issue is that this method didnt take into accounts rivalries, local derbies, etc so i think the clubs wanted more of a say in it and the method was discontinued", this is not actually an issue when concerning a fair draw.

If people want a unfair draw they should call it an unfair draw.

The game is totally corrupt.

Manly in 2015 copped every nightmare away game graveyard we have. It was the first season of the NRL rigged draw that puts Sydney rivals against each other. So expect from now on every year Manly will play every Sydney club away from home. Places like Kogarah, Shark Park, Parra & Penrith every year. Graveyards.

Starting 2015 the NRL have rigged draw so the Sydney teams almost all play each other home & away every year. Cows & Broncos get the easybeats in the non Sydney lot. Only Storm is tough in that lot.

Manly will be lucky to ever get in the top 4 again ever.

Last year we had 3 away games in a row (Panthers, Bulldogs and Storm). :banghead:

Gosford looks to be our new home and expect only 5 day turnarounds and ridiculous back-to-back away rounds such as:

Warriors (NZ) and then Cowboys (Nth QLD)

Manly are not treated like a Sydney Club anymore... :(

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4