Will Manly counter offer?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MightyEagles

Reserve Grader
Ok so now he's finished his Australian tour will Manly counter offer? Obviously to counter offer they will be told the figure they need to be at. Having said that it is only about the money then. This is our last chance to re-sign him. Will we grab the opportunity or walk away? I hope we grab the opportunity

Ok so now he's finished his Australian tour will Manly counter offer? Obviously to counter offer they will be told the figure they need to be at. Having said that it is only about the money then. This is our last chance to re-sign him. Will we grab the opportunity or walk away? I hope we grab the opportunity
I hope we say goodbye

Correct me if I'm wrong (there's been some fantastic numbers allegedly offered of late!) but I thought our offer was only bettered by Parra's to Foz?

I *think* our offer was something like $1M/season, adding $100k each year, for a total well over $3M for 3 years... I'm not sure on that though.

So far the Tits offer was $3m/3yrs, and the guppies was $2.5M (not sure how long?) to DCE. I thought the offer to Foz was $1.2/yr from Parra but I'm losing track of all the bullsh*t coin being thrown so blithely around lol..

No! If, as we have read, the best offer is on the table - then that is it, as my dear old mum used to say
"You will get what you get and you will be bloody well greatful!"

I've got to admit I've been drinking with a Parra supporter. He came around with a case of beer. I'm being nice to him at the moment but when the beer runs out I'm setting the dogs on him.... he keeps talking **** about the best back line in the world and he's a terminal Grateful Dead fan....what a long strange trip its been....

As long as we don't get in another back ended contract situation. In 3 years time we'll probably be having these same dramas trying to hang onto hiku, the turbos and Morrissey. Who knows who else will be on the scene by then. DCE has gone from nsw cup to $1mil per season gun in 3 years.

About 3mths ago my thoughts were
1) We must keep Foz and DCE
2) Within reason, but we do need to push the boundaries, and this could mean a pretty hefty % of the salary cap

I've changed my thinking over the last couple of weeks, We are offering brilliant money plus the chance to win premierships and build a decade long legacy. If either of them can't see it, then go.

I would be happy for Manly to say right you have until noon Friday (or something similar) and then the offer either
a) is pulled
b) drops by $100k every week you stall.

I just feel we are getting bent over a barrel here at the moment and the end result could be we end up losing both of them anyway, and end up alienating half of our squad.

Manly gave him a break when he was wanted by no one.
He demanded an upgrade even though he was contracted.
Manly engaged Andrew Johns to mentor him.
No appreciation so...
No thanks!!!
Yes he is good but kidding himself to think he is in same class as JT.
Also, ostensibly a cancer to the team.
To endure this now and again in three years???
No thanks!!!

So Joe Kelly is quoted by news sources this afternoon as having made the club's final offer to both, and a couple of hours later Fox is reporting that DCE has finished "his due diligence" (wtf) and will await Manly's counter offer. I think he is gone and in light of what has gone on in recent days, I say good riddance.

So a chance to offer means that we currently aren't winning. I'm not hating on DCE until we know for sure what the sticking points are. Maybe its not dollars, maybe he really wants to be the captain? No need to eat our own until we know for sure.

Funny how millions of dollars were being quoted and now we have Kelly saying we won't match 800k a season. Shows how far off some media can be.
The article also implies that we very well could offer more money to both but I'm glad Kelly doesn't seem intimidated.
That's not to say I don't want them both to stay, because I really do, but if dce tells Manly to match the offer then his clear preference would be to stay here. Maybe Kelly calls his bluff or maybe he leaves. It's almost over.
Plenty of blokes out there who'll give anything to play first grade. Much like cherry would have a few years ago before Manly have him a chance.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6