Will Hopoate joins Manly injured list

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
THE Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles believe their player depth will be enough to allow them to extend their five-game winning streak this weekend.

Vic Mauro is in line for a Manly call-up.  Brett Wortman

That prediction comes despite the growing injury troubles at parent club Manly.
Yesterday, Manly named a team without forward Josh Perry and fullback Ben Farrar but included in-doubt players Anthony Watmough (back-row) and hooker Matt Ballin.
With that pair battling minor injuries, the door could still be open for one or more Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles to step up to the NRL.
For the clash against last-placed Ipswich Jets this Saturday at Stockland Park, Coast coach Brandon Costin has made only one change to the team that annihilated Norths Devils 42-10 last week.
Darcy Lussick returns from a groin injury to play in the back-row.
Costin also has a secret weapon in Kyle Lodge, who is expected to return from injury but has not been named in the team.
The return of that pair should provide enough depth in the squad to replace anyone called up by Manly coach Des Hasler.
On recent form, that could be Vic Mauro or Jamie Buhrer.
Prop Mauro, who has already played a handful of first-grade games, is confident his team can rely on its depth.
For Mauro, the opportunity to play in first grade is too good to resist.
“First grade is where I want to be playing ultimately but I do love the Sunshine Coast,” he said.
“I’m happy to be here. Every
one’s going really well at the moment. The team we’ve fielded recently has been good for us. I’m happy to be playing wherever.”
Sea Eagles: 1 Dennis Sandow, 2 Tyrone Coppedge, 3 Filinga Filiga, 4 Maa Ruaa, 5 Mark Page, 6 Terence Seu Seu, 7 Daly Cherry-Evans (c), 8 Phil Morwood, 9 Jamie Buhrer, 10 Junior Palau, 11 Vic Mauro, 12 Darcy Lussick, 13 Wiremu Ratana. Interchange: 14 Aaron Summers, 15 Jason Wardrop, 16 Ben Whiddon, 17 Chris Boss.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4