Will Gallop apologise to Brett and the Club?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
Basically Gallop was judge ,jury and executioner by forcing Brett and the club to suspend him and fine the club. Can we now get an apology and recoup the money the club was fined.

We should also sue him for damages and loss of revenue through sponsorship which we potentially missed out on because Gallop found that the "face of rugby league" i.e Brett was guilty before he could have his day in court.

I hate Gallop.

Technically i don't think there are ground. The NRL acted upon the information at the time and reserve the right to do so.

However in saying that I intend to write an open letter/blog post regarding this to the NRL and perhaps think the more the NRL hear about fans being unhappy the better off they will be

Agree with Dan

It was a very ambiguous statement at the time re game into disrepute due to drunken behavior

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/brett-stewart-acquitted-of-molesting-a-teenage-girl/story-e6freuy9-1225931626749

Time to give Gallop a spray on the Telegraph site.  I just have not sure whether it will get published though

I doubt he will, I think he will claim he was just doing his job at the time.

BUT

GIve him a huge spray if you feel the need....I certainly do!

Gallop obviously drew a line in the sand after plenty of bad publicity. Having brett as the new poster boy on the commercial reeks of being reactive and angry and let down and his one off actions support this. Time has now proven him to be incorrect . He acted like an angry parent. Why is thurston not banned for being a druken pork chop recently

jbb/james link said:
Gallop obviously drew a line in the sand after plenty of bad publicity. Having brett as the new poster boy on the commercial reeks of being reactive and angry and let down and his one off actions support this. Time has now proven him to be incorrect . He acted like an angry parent. Why is thurston not banned for being a druken pork chop recently

No other player after received the same treatment. Look at the multiple infringements from other players such as one of the Roosters last year and Thurston this year

Well at the time he was suspended and the club fined for "inappropriate conduct" or "drunken behaviour" or something like that wasn't it? And from the reports we received from DSM5 throughout the case it would appear that even these accusations are unfounded... I think Gallop owes Brett, his family, the Sea Eagles and all the supporters, not only of Manly but of NRL an apology for acting on unsubstantiated media reports at the time! These kind of knee-jerk reactions are what causes further problems within our game...

Gallop will make some sort of statement that as CEO he had to act in the best interests of the game etc, etc. He will be circumspect but unapologetic.  Unfortunately to protect the best interests of the game he was willing to sacrifice the reputation of a young man who has now been found not guilty.

It would be nice if the media skewered Gallop over this but I wont hold my breath.

I doubt Gallop will offer an apology as this may be a way open for Brett & maybe Manly to take legal action against him! Still worthy of a spray to vent the disgust that this man deserves.......

Gallup has always claimed the suspension was for being drunk at an official club function and that is the difference in other cases such as Thurston, who whilst being drunk, wasn't at an official function.

The court case has shown pretty clearly that Brett was not drunk at all let alone at the season launch some 4 hours earlier.

If the man has an ounce of self respect he should come out and admit he was wrong and apologise......but I'm not holding my breath.

Gallop the grub suspended him for 1 reason and we all know what that was and then he hid behind and still hides behind the he was drunk excuse. I'm more concerned with some in the media I give you Vautin,Magnay,Kent,Massoud and Gibson could not wait to sink the slipper into Brett an absolute disgrace.

Cheers

I doubt we'll see a press conference from the leech.Hope the Sea Eagles do some interveiws from Lowe and Dessie

Gallop should not only apologise but resign.  His foolish comments and actions were the cause of a lot of the media hysteria.  He has caused a lot of damage to the club and Brett's image, and quite possibly affected our ability to attract sponsors.  Brett did nothing wrong and did not deserve any punishment and neither did the club.

I also expect a public apology from Fatty Vautin for his tirade on the Footy Show.  I found his attitude disgusting and he should have known better.  Especially as a Manly great, he should be ashamed.

I notice the telegraph have stopped publishing comments on their story

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8