Will Chisholm get his chance?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
I hope so. I'd like to see if he is up to NRL standard. Plus, I think it is a good idea replacing a halfback with another halfback rather than re-arranging the backline and using Foran, Lyon and Hiku out of position.
However, I get the feeling that Tooves will stick to the conservative Hasler-like selection policy and re-arrange rather than blood Chisholm.

The Who said:
I hope so. I'd like to see if he is up to NRL standard. Plus, I think it is a good idea replacing a halfback with another halfback rather than re-arranging the backline and using Foran, Lyon and Hiku out of position.
However, I get the feeling that Tooves will stick to the conservative Hasler-like selection policy and re-arrange rather than blood Chisholm.

I'd prefer to see Buhrer move to 6, Foran to 7 and give Chee Kam a run. It's forwards we are short on ATM so I'd like to see Tooves give the young forwards some experience.

bones said:
The Who said:

I'd prefer to see Buhrer move to 6, Foran to 7 and give Chee Kam a run. It's forwards we are short on ATM so I'd like to see Tooves give the young forwards some experience.

If we are short on forwards why would you move another forward out of the pack and into the halves meaning 1 more forward needs replacing? Crazy.

Chisolm should come in but if you want to stay conservative then play Lyon at 5/8 and bring in a back that way.

Tooves can go plenty of ways when the team is announced today. Although I wouldn't put any money on it that how the team is announced is how it will line up at kick off.

I feel Tooves will continue the long tradition set by Des Hasler of playing backrowers at 5/8. Foran to half and Buhrer to 6.

He is already on the list of 6 wearing backrowers - Beaver, Harris, Willo, Bailey, Buhrer. I even think that Choc got named at 5/8 in one game way back.

Yeh most likely Lyon to 5/8.
Chisolm can attack & may be good as that interchange at 9 late in each half but his defence needs work.
Suprised if Tooves picks him purely on this factor.
Exciting to have a few new players get a chance in the top grade, more likely will stick with Gower who is reliable on the bench.

bones said:
The Who said:

Agree that it's the forwards that we need to replenish. I would love to see Chee Kam get a run. Any news on how he has been playing?

Chee-Kam has hardly played all year. He's had 2 long layoffs with injury I really doubt he's up to an NRL debut at this point. I hope Sao gets a go, plus Fa'aoso back should cover for Rose and Tom.

Chee Kam is way off from NRL standards.

Ligi is a large Matai with better anger management skils ;)

Chiz should get a go and all the regulars keep their positions to enable the newbies to click into our structures :idea:

Gorgeous George should be OK as should Gifty.:angel:

Can't wait for the warmth of NQL :)

Chip and Chase said:
I feel Tooves will continue the long tradition set by Des Hasler of playing backrowers at 5/8. Foran to half and Buhrer to 6.

He is already on the list of 6 wearing backrowers - Beaver, Harris, Willo, Bailey, Buhrer. I even think that Choc got named at 5/8 in one game way back.

yep, but that's where choc played his junior footy

mickqld said:
Chee-Kam has hardly played all year. He's had 2 long layoffs with injury I really doubt he's up to an NRL debut at this point. I hope Sao gets a go, plus Fa'aoso back should cover for Rose and Tom.

last night at the game i was reading 'the swoop' magazine handed out at the gates & in an interview with donny he mentioned that they have had to work hard with m.c.k.
sounded similar to what they said re tony williams when he arrived at brookie.

Chisholm picked for NSW Cup. Heard Hiku will play 6 for NRL.

1. Clint Gutherson
2. Ben Farrar
3. Jacob Gagan
4. Troy Savage
5. Jackson Williams
6. Dane Chisholm
7. Zac Nicholls
8. David Gower
9. Liam Higgins
10. Jesse Sene-Lefao
11. Kayse Greer
12. Nick Skinner
13. Dylan Strickland

15. Ben Musolino
16. Justin Lemalu
17. Michael Chee Kam
18. Jake Trbojevic
19. Justin Lemalu

The Who said:
I hope so. I'd like to see if he is up to NRL standard.

History says he's not.

Only 1 first grade appearance in three and half years with three different clubs.

Some guys just don't quite get there and it's not like he's absolutely killing them in reggies. If he was they wouldn't be playing a 17 yo at halfback instead of him, would they?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4