1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why?!

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Harry Smith, Aug 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Harry Smith

Harry Smith I think i'm actually a bloody Sea Eagle

Ratings:
    +736 / 75
    As I always do, i check out the team list and week in week out I see three names I don't agree with... Josh Starling, Nate Myles and Lewis Brown. At the moment I am alright with Myles and brown playing due to injuries but once lussick and more are back they simply can not be there. Now on to josh starling...
    Whenever josh enters the field no matter how much you like him as a person you've gotta notice his shocking defence, Surely. He's leaked that many tries this year with people just walking on past him, most of em you wouldn't even notice his terrible attempt at tackling as he barely tries to tackle them at all, just looking confused as usual and putting his arm out to make it look like he tried to tackle em. I have noticed this more and more after a certain try against the Titans where he just let them through with ease while everyone else was trying their guts out despite the hugely depleted team in that game. Why on earth when we have players like knight and Meehan (don't think he's allowed to play yet, definitely next year anyway) and winterstein available. Let's throw some of our future stars out there and get rid of this trash.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,777 / 258
    An awful lot to do with how far over the second tier cap we are!!

I doubt Starlo will be part of the 25 in 2017.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 40
    I hope he isn't resigned.

4. Manlymaniac

Manlymaniac Member

Ratings:
    +90 / 8
    The new Luke Burgess LOL

5. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,767 / 72
    Starling will joining Bargess in SL hopefully

6. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,278 / 131
    Are you are happy seeing Williame and Wright's name in the team each week?

I am not

7. Simonmyers11

Simonmyers11 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,037 / 97
    Starling has to go!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. king2213

king2213 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 171
    he was playing better under Geoff Toovey, handy to have as a backup, but does not make the bench or starting side with his performances under Barrett.

not much differance between him and Myles

9. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,136 / 289
    Starling plays 100% every time he hits the field. I really don't think he's the problem. I think he's great.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Paw93

Paw93 Active Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 10
    I think that's more to do with our forward pack being much better this year than what it was last year. Last year our forwards struggled to hit 100m a game. This year we've got some guys consistently getting more than 150m a game.

11. pjayz

pjayz Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,360 / 51
    I agree with the OP, Starling has dropped off considerably this year, not that he reached great heights previously.

I can't see him being retained. If he is, it will be for depth only and not in our 17.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Harry Smith

Harry Smith I think i'm actually a bloody Sea Eagle

Ratings:
    +736 / 75
    Oh i'm certainly not either but we don't have any better players for winger and centre available. Williame would be not be in the side had it not been for Matai's injury and there is a reason we are looking for a new winger for next season. But as it is at the moment using them is the only option we got, unfortunately...

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. 1969

1969 Well-Known Member

Burleigh Heads
    Ratings:
    +399 / 48
    We have Uate next year, a flying Fijian winger lol.... At least he might be ok under the high ball.

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. tookey

Ratings:
    +4,278 / 131
    Hope that we havent signed him as he is rubbish Cannot tackle or catch the high ball

15. strone33

strone33 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +373 / 29
    Lewis Brown is amazing

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. conanu

conanu Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,841 / 31
    You have your wish wish Starlo, He has announced on instagram he is gooorne!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. qldeagle

qldeagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +980 / 48
    On top of that I also think Myles is an ornament. What a farrking shambles to think they signed this imposter for 3 years to get DCE back which in my opinion was an absolute waste of time and money.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. tookey

Ratings:
    +4,278 / 131
    Yep retaining DCE costs us plenty and will do for many years to come. Not only his salary but also that of Mr Plod for 3 years

I wonder if DCE is getting 10% of Myles contract money as his manager?