1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why????

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by 1952ripper, Jul 2, 2012.

1. 1952ripper

1952ripper New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Could someone please explain to me why do they have to bat the ball out of play from the in goal when if you grab the ball and ground it you get the same result surely its a lot safer

2. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,201 / 16
    Because players have not been coached to do so. I think most players have forgotten the rule.

3. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,348 / 111
    It also slows the game down a little of they can't find the ball for the drop out.

4. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,792 / 58
    ^ that's true.

Plus I reckon they think it's safer.

"I only have to smack the crap outta it over the in dead ball line and not rely on the 'extra' skill of controlling the ball onto the ground."

If they make a mistake in grounding, the ball is in play. If they mis**** it, the ball may still fly over the line.

That's a possibility.

I have great hands, so I'd just ground it, then roll and flick the ball away so no one could 'find it.'

That's assuming I didn't just run the ball back 100+ metres and score.

;)

5. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,839 / 103
    Here's another WHY...
    do so many players hurl the ball away when they score?
    It seems to me that RL players are copycats. They see one player do it, and then it becomes mandatory. It happened with the ring-a-ring-a-rosy routine before the players leave the sheds. Someone saw it on TV, now they don't dare not follow the protocol for fear of being accused of "not being a tight group".

6. Crusher_Cleal

Crusher_Cleal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +555 / 17
    I don't care if they hurl away the ball. Let them do what they want. The more entertaining the better.