Why. Why was our pack so dominant.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Buggered if I know. On paper St. G. have a few handy characters in the forwards.

Was it our second stage-play and offloads?

Where has this power game been?

All support players went well as a result.

Firstly Illawarra were flat so hard to put a true line through that performance, saying that, can only play whats in front of you....
Manly ran from deeper with more purpose than any other game in 2016 & the kicker was the fact players were pushing up to support around the ball.....
This does not ALWAYS mean there will be an offload, but at very least, takes heat of the ball carrier so he is not dominated ...which unfortunately has often been the case running 1 out in most other games.
Also enjoyed a few passages when simply shifted wide early to create a 1 on 1 out wide.....if this continues players like Walker & Turbo will continue to shine.

Good question. The boys seemed pumped. They were strong in defence and I thought our ball movement a security were good. Hope the team stays on the field week to week. That helps.

Buggered if I know. On paper St. G. have a few handy characters in the forwards.

Was it our second stage-play and offloads?

Where has this power game been?

All support players went well as a result.

We should ask the silvertails brains trust! (me inc)

sub-buzz-25594-1466790525-3.jpg

Last edited:
Was not power game in attack Mark,in defence yes for sure.We have some good hitters.

We cannot with our personel play the power forward game like the top sides.Only AFB and Kapow fit the mould.

On the flip side almost all our forwards can pass well before and at the line and it suits our pack to play second phase like the Dogs a couple of seasons ago..Jake is best in NRL in my opinion in that facet of the game.

I think Trent has finally identified this and the pressure on him may have finally forced him to have us play this way. A classic example is Buhrer. In a modern power style game he is basically a passenger. He gets dominated in attack and has to hold down in defence. However give him the ball off the back of an AFB offload and his speed off the mark and natural footy skills makes him a very dangerous player.

My main gripe about our game today is that natural footy players are virtually obsolete in the modern game. Under the one out method we used for the first half of the season Jamie had zero influence.Athletes with no skill hitting the advantage line is the only way apparently and this is killing the game.

You have to play to your strengths and Trent to his credit has realized this and if a few more coaches tried to look outside the square to match their game style with their cattle we might get our game back.

We had 67% possession at half time which definitely helped.
Very Ordinary dragons team. But we continued on with our effort and attitude from last week

• 🤝
Reactions: Rex
We had 67% possession at half time which definitely helped.
Very Ordinary dragons team. But we continued on with our effort and attitude from last week

agree, but it was our dominance that lead to the glut of possession.

Also as I said, on paper that is a handy merge pack. Frizzle, packer, Thompson, Au mow mow, Rein, Sims and hair-do boy?

I think it was a mixture of confidence and playing against a very ordinary St George side. We were primed for a big one after playing well against the Cowboys and St George are a poor football side.

agree, but it was our dominance that lead to the glut of possession.

Also as I said, on paper that is a handy merge pack. Frizzle, packer, Thompson, Au mow mow, Rein, Sims and hair-do boy?
I thought dragons handling errors, penalties were the main factors. There completion rate was sub 60% at HT I think.
Plus every time you score you get the ball back.
Our pack was good but the dragons were just awful.

Our team is handy on paper and look at some of our performances this year

so according to some posters in here,the drag queens lost through poor performance.
the game I watched had the eagles totally dominating all facets of play after the first set,i was thinking here we go again, then the eagles forwards took control of the game,no if or buts,we smashed them all across the park,congrats to all players for bringing back the fire.

Dragons were not getting off the defensive line quick at all the entire game
Even at the start they would let manly run at least 5-6 metres without even attempting to tackle
We got a huge roll on from this
Great performance from the entire pack last night

This may not be a popular post, and certainly not to take away from the dominance shown by our forwards, but I thought we got the better of the refereeing last night, particularly around the ruck. I thought we were allowed to slow the play the ball to a far greater degree than the Dragons were. Not that I'm complaining, we were certainly due for a game where decisions went our way, but that's just the way I saw it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7