Why the hate?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Why the hatred? Fear.

Under fear, higher order thinking shuts down, and lower order reactivity dominates. The hatred is driven by jealousy. The jealousy is driven by fear.

''The brain doesn't like to think it through, it's easier just to go along with it [the stereotype] without looking at the evidence.''

It's because we steal all the good players from other clubs and buy ourselves premierships. Oh, hang on, actually we produce our own fantastic juniors and sign players that other clubs are willing to throw on the scrap heap and return them to their glory days. No wonder they hate us. We produce miracles.
On another note, as backward, redneck and boganesk as Qldrs seem to be labled by the "far superior" NSW people (cough), i for one have never been punched, threatened, bullied or assaulted in any form for supporting Manly. Plenty of ribbing and bull****tery back and forth but that's it. And i live in the redneck guts of CQ. Go figure?

No-ones really been saying **** to me down here, they know i`m full on Manly , but they are all fukn quiet , they had their picnic when we couldnt feild a full strength squad the past 2 season(09-10) & i been telling them that all this season ..So they all know down here & the topping on the cake was we play Warriors rather than Storm..

jjai said:
No-ones really been saying s**t to me down here, they know i`m full on Manly , but they are all fukn quiet , they had their picnic when we couldnt feild a full strength squad the past 2 season(09-10) & i been telling them that all this season ..So they all know down here & the topping on the cake was we play Warriors rather than Storm..

Most ppl down my way have already accepted that we will be premiers

The Daily Telegraph, News Ltd owned, is ridiculous in its anti-Manly bias. I noticed one sports journalist, Christian Nicoussi, even bagging Jessica Watson for daring to wear a Manly scarf. wtf? that's not very Christian.

SeaEagle007 said:
HMMM 50 bucks on Manly / Collingwood Double???

Does anyone else think that it is funny that if you just went off of Manly and Collingwood's mascots and applied them both to Rugby League, it would be the Fibros and Silvertails? Another omen?

herballlistic said:
i cant fathom how australian ppl could go for a kiwi team ahead of an aussie team....just because it is manly!? :huh:

my thoughts exactly
i had a rant on facebook the last few days, saying if you go for warriors and you are not a kiwi, pack your bags and piss off to NZ now,.,you are not an aussie!
but then ...i also said we dont want you bronco sore loser whingers going for us, shows how low you go by going for a kiwi team
i would go for any aussie team over the kiwis.. oh wait except the Titans lol they can kiss my ass...

On the contrary, I'd probably be going for NZ if they weren't playing Manly. NZ are one of the few teams I don't have a genuine hatred for. Add to that blokes like Cleary and Iro associated with the club.

so when Nz play Aussies do you go for NZ ?????

you realise if warriors win a gf, especially against manly, every kiwi will never ever ever let it drop for the next 10 years
they still talk about their last gf appearance at work and that was 9 years ago
it would be unbearable and hope it never happens unless they get into a gf against titans

There's more connection between Manly and the Kiwis than any other teams:
1. We share Parra as our feeder team
2. Manly is the second team for most Kiwis
3. The Graeme Lowe factor
4. The long history of Manly-Kiwi players, currently including internationals Matai & Foran.
5. Telecast of all Manly games in NZ

Must be hell for the Manly haters.

angryassdrummer said:
so when Nz play Aussies do you go for NZ ?????

you realise if warriors win a gf, especially against manly, every kiwi will never ever ever let it drop for the next 10 years
they still talk about their last gf appearance at work and that was 9 years ago
it would be unbearable and hope it never happens unless they get into a gf against titans

I did in the anzac test, more manly contingent

SeaEagle007 said:
I was heckled at on the Train for wearing my Manly Jacket, by some bum on the train, more than likely a Tigers Supporter, I was on the Liverpool line. He basically said in very colourful words that he hoped Manly got smashed and that all of us supporters got cancer and died but in a lot more colourful language.

I replied to him that I dont get to sniff asbestos as my unit is made of bricks therefore it was more than likely he had cancer because of this, most of the train laughed however he was giving me death stares the whole way home.

I tell you what but.. This year I can really feel the hatred more so than any other year that I have experienced. I really hope we do a number to the warriors to shut everyone up. No disrecet to the warriors I rate them as a team , but this is getting ridiculous, to the point where personal attacks are getting invovled.. Lucky i'm 6'1 and 108Kg most of the lil worms think twice about gettin into an argument, Im all for having a bit of fun but this is in exusable.. Anyway GO THE SEA EAGLES... be loud and proud MAAAAAAANLY!!!!

Nice retort!

Seriously though, anyone who hates Manly without good reason (there are reasons to hate every team let's face it), is just a Lemming - an ignorant follower. They are just too lazy to think for themselves. Like the same people who hate Bindy Irwin... too lazy to know the facts.

Manly fans are the greatest fans in rugby league for the following reason: We have been through the toughest of times and we have been ridiculed and hated for years. But we remain more stoic in the face of adversity, and we love our club, players, and fans all the more because of it. No other supporter has to endure what we endure, but we do it because we are the chosen ones. I did not choose Manly, my club chose me, because I am strong enough to endure whatever **** they throw at me. Our passion feeds our players determination, and that's why our club is successful. Lower life forms hate to see success in others. Therein lies the answer.

I think we should adopt the phrase - "Nobody likes us, we don't care" and use this as a retort to all the idiots who try to bait us.

They hate us becuase of the tall poppy syndrome and i would rather be hated for being a winner than loved and felt sorry for being a loser .
To all the Manly haters that are on this forum . THE MORE YOU HATE US THE SWEETER OUR WINS ARE .THE WARRIORS DONT WORRY US !!! GO THE MIGHTY MANLY WARRINGAH SEA EAGLES 2011 PREMIERS .

Fonz said:
That's a good one. Did you make it up?

No, I didn't make that one up myself. I will explain......

Wolfpack said:
I've never heard it before, sounds like it could be sung in a chant or even put on a banner.

Stirring stuff.

The phrase comes from a football chant which originated with the supporters of Millwall Football Club, a South London soccer team, in the late seventies. The song was originally sung by the fans in response to the sustained criticism of their behaviour by the press and the image of many Millwall fans as hooligans.
Now I am certainly not suggesting that any of us are hooligans, but you can certainly draw parallels with the press and understand the seige mentality and how it galvanised the supporters.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8