1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why skill will always beat force

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Dan, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    +5,438 / 74
    Last Sunday’s game between the Warriors and Manly in Gosford highlighted the tremendous damage a smart ball-playing forward can inflict on an opposition defence. The performance by Manly’s Glenn Stewart playing at the line with his bag of tricks was, in my opinion, the difference between his team winning and losing.

Read the full article
  2. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

+5,711 / 266
    I'm not so sure. The Roosters are battering their way to a minor premiership. I wouldn't say they are that skilled of a team.
  3. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

+6,263 / 44
    SBW (love him or hate him) has the best offload in the game. Their other backrowers are no slouches, Cordner, Aubusson and even Guerra offer a bit with ball in hand.

Good read on Gifty though. He definitely is a throwback to the old ball playing lock days (Langmack, Dymock, Clyde etc). Wonder what TC thinks of his fellow coaches assessment ??
  4. Clint

Clint . Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

+1,632 / 14
    Great read. Gives me a bit more confidence heading into tonight's game. Great to see Gift back with his full bag of tricks on display. Hopefully we see the full array again tonight.

Getting pumped now. C'mon boys!!!
  5. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

+976 / 0
    I think it was force that beat us tonight (and some help from the refs) but man for man the bunnies are monsters and I think we battled bravely and were arguably on top but after about the 60min mark they definitely made way to many & easy metres.