Why RL is mired in controversy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
mosto said:
eagles2win said:
Rugby league has always been mired in controversy.
Early in the piece the Kangaroos were scheduled to play the Wallabies. Souths vs Balmain GF was the opening act. Balmain players refused to play, Souths agreed but the day came Souths lined up kicked off and scored under the posts then the ref called the end of the game while the Balmain boys were outside protesting.
Bumper Farrell was accused of biting an ear of an opponent.
Darcy Lawler betting on games (so what you say, he was the ref that could effect the outcome of the game)
Ken Irvine whilst Captain of Norths took his team of the field due to some decisions.
Hartley's tackle counts
The class warfare that Roy Masters created during the real Silvertail years
Parra's flying v
Canterburys fiberglass shoulderpads
Terry Lambs high shot on Ellery Hanley
Terry Hill draft
Superleague war
Canberra over the salary cap
Tackle counts, forward passes
Forced mergers between in some cases traditional rivals
Canterbury over the salary cap and rape allegations
The Hoppa finger up bum
Melbourne over the salary cap
Origin - Inglis being a NSW player and that try

The truth is rugby league always has controversy - the thing is we as a sport thrive under it

Pretty sure you could put this into Billy Joel's "We Didn't Start The Fire"

lol, bugger. I was going to type that!! :)

video technology- I remember before it coming in when every time a replay showed a ref's decision was wrong, the ch 9 commentators and footy public at large would scream bloody murder.

I was surprised to hear they don't have HD, which I think is essential.
It somehow needs tweaking. People seem to agree that super slow mo isn't the way the game is played yet I have never come across anyone from any team on the wrong end of a bad decision happy to accept it.

"ah well, ch 9's super slow mo showed he knocked it on but the video ref can only use slow mo so that's fair enough" - is a comment I don't think I'd ever hear.

There should be no 'refs call' once the decision goes upstairs.

The Who said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Nothing is perfect, human nature dictates there will always be mistakes, but on try rulings, no doubt we get more right now than we used too, especially close to the dead ball line or sideline

There is plenty of doubt.
And the fact that video is only allowed to rule on certain things surely must tell you that it is far from perfect. So leave it up to the on field officials.

That makes no sense. Just because its not perfect doesnt mean you shouldnt use it at all.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6