1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why now?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by c eagle, Aug 11, 2015.

1. c eagle

c eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +452 / 52
    After 3 years of showing us sweet fu$k all and signing on elsewhere next year, chee kam has not missed first grade selection ....... I don't get it, if the kids moving on why not give a kid who is staying and wants to be here a crack at first grade..... I was always wanting this kid to turn things around and make a fist of things for us, but he never looked interested..... Now he's signs with tigers and is showing the promise we have paid for over 3 years without **** to show for it..... Very disappointed .

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    We want to win, and MCK was killing it in NSW Cup.
    He can cover the forward and the centre spots.

Let 2v be!@:cool:

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,842 / 103
    Really? We never seemed to win many NSW Cup matches when he played, but our performance shave improved now he out of the team.

4. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    No correlation between the two comps anymore.

MCK has been great in the NRL games this year. He would also be up against his own Junior Team in the Raiders :)

5. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    Buhrer and Symonds injured is why now.

Symonds was doing the same role MCK has been brought in to do.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    We'll survive the departure of MCK, of that I'm sure. If he is the best option at the moment than he plays...pretty simple. Same reason Foran is still named at 6. We aren't building for next year, we are trying to win the 2015 premiership.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,274 / 131
    If he was killing it why didn't we re-sign him?

8. Mals

Mals Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Pennant Hills
    Ratings:
    +1,480 / 35
    Bozo is clearing house remember, doesn't matter if you are a player with ability or not ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,414 / 257
    The bigger question is why stick with Hasson.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,274 / 131
    Out with the players and in with the lobsters

11. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 40
    MCK has been excellent in the past two games, hope he has another big game this week

12. Nordburg

Nordburg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +868 / 47
    I wish in was in this type of form earlier in the season.At his best,he's a better option than Symonds to cover other positions.Pity he's not consistent

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. mosto

mosto Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +992 / 10
    Never thought I'd say this, but Hasson has actually been OK the last couple of weeks. That being said, he should have been out of the team weeks ago.

14. Loobs

Ratings:
    +6,414 / 257
    It's interesting in that if you talk MCK as a back, it means it's pushing Tom Turbo down the pecking order.

15. Loobs

Ratings:
    +6,414 / 257
    If he was in this form earlier hw would have been extended. There were articles around the 9's that he was on notice - step up or you're out so he knew the situation. You would have thought that injury plagued period would have been the perfect time to blood him, especially when Killer went down. Damn shame...

16. jbb/james

jbb/james Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +885 / 21
    You would have prefered he waited until next year to bloom

17. EagleFromMay1967

EagleFromMay1967 In bed before the room got dark.

Blue Mountains these days
    Ratings:
    +1,212 / 44
    Hussein has been f_cking with your mind. His "OK" is merely '$hit' in the real world.

• Like Like x 1
  18. robbiea

robbiea Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,603 / 65
    Only slower & with less aggression .

19. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,741 / 125
    MCK is going well in first grade at the moment, and I hope he continues to do so for the rest of the year. But lets be honest, over the past couple of years he really has failed to impress and when he has played first grade its only been as an injury replacement. If T-Red wasn't out injured then MCK would still be in NSW Cup right now.

He was signed as a back rower and didn't really do much before being moved to the centres. Yes he did improve from there but in the pecking order he was never going to displace Killer or Skivy, and was behind Gutho, Wiliame, Blair, the Wolfman and even Tommy leapfrogged him from the U/20's. And I do think that the only reason MCK is in the first grade team right now (other than T-Red's injury) and Tommy isn't is because MCK can also cover the back row. It wouldn't make sense for MCK to be on the bench strictly as a back when Tooves could have Tommy doing that. MCK is more versatile off the bench.

Its a shame that now he's signed with Wests that we're now seeing what MCK can do. Too little too late though isn't it. Good luck to him at the Tigers though.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
  20. Moops

Moops Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +394 / 26
    He should give us a year for free!