WHY NOT?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Vyssini

Reserve Grader
Other than the "spoil his fairytale ending to his career" argument, can someone list the reasons why Sir Beaver (GMPOAT) couldn't run around in 2012 with the Mighty Sea Eagles?

If we are serious about bringing him on back on Toov's staff, couldn't we bring him back now as a player? We must have at least a minimum contract available within our salary cap, with any negotiated amounts over and above this back ended for when he joins the back room staff- salary cap exempt.

What a boost that would be to the club for 2012- this move on its own would be a major marketing boost.

Also, look at the message it would be sending to the squad- that loyalty will ultimately be rewarded.

And finally, not that I have seen much English Super League, I suspect he would still be able to hold his own, even at the ripe young age of 38!!!

Potentially cost us some of the younger players.

Wouldn't be able to get within the same ball park that Lussick and co will be after.

eagles2win said:
Potentially cost us some of the younger players.

Wouldn't be able to get within the same ball park that Lussick and co will be after.

Only one player on the minimum contract would need to be downgraded back to the NSW state cup team.

On the second point, please clarify- are you talking performance or money here?

Vyssini said:
Other than the "spoil his fairytale ending to his career" argument, can someone list the reasons why Sir Beaver (GMPOAT) couldn't run around in 2012 with the Mighty Sea Eagles?

... what a boost that would be to the club for 2012- this move on its own would be a major marketing boost.

I had just mention to a few people on this idea ….. “WHY NOT” ! .. and let the famous Menzies comes back to play NRL at Manly …!!

It is like the Shane Warne coming back … (watch what he will do to the crowds of the KFC Big Bash over this summer!).

Wow with Menzies … the Manly Memberships & the Season Tickets would sell 10 times more in 2012 !!!

… and imagine he broke the Darren Lockyer Record – the most first grade games and then Gallop (NRL) giving us a Sunday afternoon game at Brookie with a sell out crowd 23,000+ with another 5,000 outside!

... & Gallop giving the game day football over to one and only “Mr. MENZIES” and breaking the News Ltd Broncos former player’s record.

… as they say …. PRICELESS !!!

P.S. Contract wise he can sign a basic contract and get a coaching job in 2013. Other clubs have done that Mr. Schubert and Menzies does not need the big money. Trust me he has done very well to where he is in his life. He deserves his rewards.

Vyssini said:

If we are serious about bringing him on back on Toov's staff, couldn't we bring him back now as a player? We must have at least a minimum contract available within our salary cap, with any negotiated amounts over and above this back ended for when he joins the back room staff- salary cap exempt.

What a boost that would be to the club for 2012- this move on its own would be a major marketing boost.

Also, look at the message it would be sending to the squad- that loyalty will ultimately be rewarded.

And finally, not that I have seen much English Super League, I suspect he would still be able to hold his own, even at the ripe young age of 38!!!

Posted a very similar thread a few days ago-It is something the club should consider!

Matabele said:
The fact that he has signed with Catalans might be a problem.

I am sure Beaver could "extracate" a release if Manly showed some interest.....and yes, he tried before last season.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6