Why no Jesse?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jimmyb713

Does anyone have any clue why Tooves picks the kid and then doesn't use him? Especially in a game like tonight when we could have used some fresh legs towards the end. Why are we voluntarily placing ourselves at a disadvantage by playing with 16? That's twice Tooves has done it to him (3 if you don't count the 2 min in round one) I think he's left Gower on the bench for a whole game too. Can anyone explain?

I assume Tooves didn't want to risk his inexperience with the game in the balance, and we have more 80 min forwards than the average team, Des used to do the same sort of thing with Buhrer

The balance of the team was shot when snake went off. I reckon tooves planned to put tonga on at centre and move Tom into 2nd row at some point to help the forward rotation. This couldn't happen once we lost Brett. It was high pressure and we needed old heads out there, especially for the last 20.

I think that maybe Tooves was thinking that given the intensity of next weeks clash that maybe he will keep JSL and Gower fresh.

I imagine our boys will be pretty tired today.

It's not the first time we've left a fresh man on the bench. I think Buhrers first 2 or 3 "games" consisted of him only getting splinters.

I don't understand the tactic myself, if you aren't confident the player can make the step up then don't pick him in the first place. It's just a waste of a spot.

Just put him on 5 from half time, if he is out of his depth don't send him back after oranges.

The problem with that is that you waste an interchange just "to see how he goes".

Its not perfect C&C and we won but if he gets 5 min before half time and doesnt have a shocker you send him back out to start the 2nd then get him off after 10 or so. It stops us getting to the last 15 and dont want to get him on because he is an unknown prospect. We not painting ourselves into a corner so to speak. Im glad we won just hope we are fresh for next week also.

It could be a new fundraising avenue for the club, get fans to bid to actually be in the 17. Wouldn't have to play, just be on the bench and get a great view...

manlyfan76 said:
Its not perfect C&C and we won but if he gets 5 min before half time and doesnt have a shocker you send him back out to start the 2nd then get him off after 10 or so. It stops us getting to the last 15 and dont want to get him on because he is an unknown prospect. We not painting ourselves into a corner so to speak. Im glad we won just hope we are fresh for next week also.
The 5 mins before and after half time seem to be our worst periods of play. Best to have our best blokes out there!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6