Why no comment???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It only says that no past or present player has never "TESTED" positive to illegal substances......Lance Arm (very) strong didnt either.....

It is great news but carefully worded.....

Frogz said:
It only says that no past or present player has never "TESTED" positive to illegal substances......Lance Arm (very) strong didnt either.....

It is great news but carefully worded.....

Yeah I read that anecdote, we are now in the same position as the other 10 clubs that weren't singled out, in that we haven't tested positive.. Depends how you want to look at it.

Sounds like some people on here are pretty hard to please. I understand this isn't the end of whatever TF's going on but I'm happy with this news for tonight.

niccipops said:
Sounds like some people on here are pretty hard to please. I understand this isn't the end of whatever TF's going on but I'm happy with this news for tonight.

Not hard to please niccipops, I have learnt from the last few preseason dramas not to get too excited yet.

The spooks are looking for something otherwise we would not be in their radar.

Just a thought perhaps we should put February aside as "National Stick it to Manly Month"

Earnie the Eagle said:
niccipops said:

Not hard to please niccipops, I have learnt from the last few preseason dramas not to get too excited yet.

Just a thought perhaps we should put February aside as "National Stick it to Manly Month"
Yeah points taken. I understand it's not cartwheels in the loungeroom time but the way they kept showing the footage of '08, Dessie and Essendon I was quite concerned about the tainting of that title.
Obviously something's being investigated which may have outcomes we don't like but to me it appears that our '08 and '11 titles aren't in question and that's great news.
The sooner everything else is cleared up regardless, the better for everyone involved with the Manly club. Then we concentrate on our 9th title.

niccipops said:
Yeah points taken. I understand it's not cartwheels in the loungeroom time but the way they kept showing the footage of '08, Dessie and Essendon I was quite concerned about the tainting of that title.

The sooner everything else is cleared up regardless, the better for everyone involved with the Manly club. Then we concentrate on our 9th title.

Last time I did cartwheels in the lounge room I pulled a groin.

Awkward thing was that it wasn't even mine!

Already concentrating on our ninth title, we should all do the same.

I, for one and not splicing the clubs announcement to search out shadow negatives.

Go Manly!

That no Manly players have ever tested positive to illegal performance enhancing substances is not a bad record. Is that true? Incredible if it is. The only player I can recall banned was Andrew Walker - and that was non-performance enhancing. Hopefully the record of no such bannings also stays in place.

Plus never breached the salary cap, unlike every other club. And never won the spoon (top grade) unlike virtually every other club.
---------------------------
Edit: Just read on another thread we had a minor salary cap breach in 2004, which still places on the lowest level - alongside Parra.

niccipops said:
Earnie the Eagle said:
niccipops said:

Obviously something's being investigated which may have outcomes we don't like but to me it appears that our '08 and '11 titles aren't in question and that's great news.

It would be great to start a season with no dramas for a change, I dont know what else these spooks could possible have but whatever it is lets hope its gets sorted fast.

To your spooks and other government people that are reading this have a nice day!

Rex said:
That no Manly players have ever tested positive to illegal performance enhancing substances is not a bad record. Is that true? Incredible if it is. The only player I can recall banned was Andrew Walker - and that was non-performance enhancing. Hopefully the record of no such bannings also stays in place.

Plus never breached the salary cap, unlike every other club. And never won the spoon (top grade) unlike virtually every other club.
Edit: Just read on another thread we had a minor salary cap breach in 2004, which still places on the lowest level - alongside Parra.

@[Rex]

With reference to your edit:

http://www.nrl.com/tabid/10874/newsId/58361/Default.aspx

Jethro said:
Rex said:

@[Rex]

With reference to your edit:

http://www.nrl.com/tabid/10874/newsId/58361/Default.aspx

Thanks Jethro,

So we didn't actually breach the cap then? Like WAMF I'd love to know who the player was. As for who is to blame for this slur brought to the good name of our great club? Surely that would have to be Des Hasler - his first year as coach.

The quantity of fine gives an indication of the seriousness of the offence. Here's the total fines for those breaches listed for the years 2000-2010 (at 2010):

Eagles $5,000
Titans $7,958
Sharks $21,890
Eels $40,000
Cowboys $105,000
Rabbitohs $126,460
Dragons $129,889
Tigers $135,201
Panthers $168,400
Roosters $189,431
Broncos $206,690
Raiders $225,355
Knights $314,157
Storm $524,041
Warriors $545,000
Bulldogs $659,311

In addition the Dogs and Warriors had competition points deducted. Of course the Storm subsequently blew those figures out of the water.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8