Why no Brookie Home Semi Final

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

gotsy

Reserve Grader
I thought in the first week of the finals the top 4 teams get a home semi (a home semi at their normal home ground, not home city) I noticed we are playing at the SFS not brookie.. Thats bulls*%t.. anyone know why?

It's because Brooky is pathetic in its current state. Crowd capacity is not up to scratch.

The capacity of Brookvale would have been fine for this wekend against any non Sydney side. As usual no vision from the NRL

It comes from when Saints hosted Parra and didn't bow to the NRL pressure to move the game from kogarah

Gorgeous George said:
It's because Brooky is pathetic in its current state. Crowd capacity is not up to scratch.

Even if brookvale was upgraded it still would not of been there (parking and transport are another issue). The rule changed we just need to accept it we will win anywhere anyway.

Too bad. Brookie is our home ground and it should have been played there, no excuses weather its too small, old, bad for transport ect. Its a huge DISADVANTAGE playing at the SFS

Corso_Pete said:
The capacity of Brookvale would have been fine for this wekend against any non Sydney side. As usual no vision from the NRL

Good to here from you Pete. I used to be Eagle Dan from the MWSE site. A couple of years back we played the Cowboys in a finals game. I can't remember which stadium in Sydney it was at but it attracted a crowd of about 35,000 from memory.

Gorgeous George said:
Corso_Pete said:

Good to here from you Pete. I used to be Eagle Dan from the MWSE site. A couple of years back we played the Cowboys in a finals game. I can't remember which stadium in Sydney it was at but it attracted a crowd of about 35,000 from memory.

Hi Dan, t was at the SFS and was GF Qualifier, always going to be a big crowd. In recent yesr we have played bith Souths & Illawarra in semis at Brookie and I don't recall either game being a sellout. I know the deal is done and as Jonesy says we should move in but this decision just grates my craw.

Gorgeous George said:
Corso_Pete said:

That was a final to win a place in the grand final. I was there. Any final in Sydney with Manly in it will pull that sort of crowd.

This is a lame duck Week 1 semi final that only serious Manly fans will go to. Many who go to Brookvale won't got to the Sydney CBD on a Saturday night. The bandwagon fans won't arrive for a few more weeks.

This Saturday should be at Brookvale. Or even Bluetongue.

Brissie Kid said:
This Saturday should be at Brookvale. Or even Bluetongue.

Blutongue .... WTF !!! So we have even less Manly fans there.

There are 2 types of crowds we get at Bluetongue -
1) Small
2) Huge, but mainly due to the opposition fans outnumbering us greatly.

Option 1 would be likely against the Cows, but we don't want either option.

I would love it to be at Brookie, but I understand why the NRL is making us move, but SFS is the next best choice if it can't be Brookie.

The Eagle said:
I'll be there in the $50 seats :) cant wait!

Tell EVERYONE, Just EVERYONE to be there Esp on the eastern side !:D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Les Hanigan holds the single match try scoring record: "5"

How many times do we have to go over this? We will have a huge advantage anyway - playing a weaker, geographically isolated team in our hometown. There were very big Manly contingents there for our games against the Cowboys in 07 and the Warriors in 08 anyway. Far more than our respective opponents had.

Time to move on, nothing to see here until Brookvale Oval becomes a 30,000 capacity all-seater, in approximately 40 years time.

Well I couldn't be bothered going to SFS on Saturday night with all that it entails. I'd go to Gosford. But I still think it should be at Brookvale. We came 2nd didn't we?

If I were in Sydney I would be there.
SFS is a great stadium and it will be a cracker of a game.
Manly need all of the support they can get there, so suck it up, jump on a bus, drive, hitch-hike or do what you need to to get there and cheer the boys on.

It is unAustralian to live in Sydney and not go to this game. This may be the second last chance we have this season

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6