Why isnt DCE taking on the line?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
I do understand that DCE is playing behind a busted pack at the moment, but I am really concerned that he seems reluctant to run the ball much.

I suspect he's been carrying some sort of injury, its not that he's not having a crack but him taking on the line is a major weapon four attack and I have not seen him do that since the Warriors game in July.

Thoughts from everyone about this?

Perhaps he's been bashed around a bit in the last couple of months. But i think the main issue is its simply very hard to get momentum for your backline when the forwards are not laying the platform with plenty of metres. Our metres were way below average tonight

Because the forwards who want more money, are giving him no room to move......!.....trying his heart out ....no back up ...!from Anthony Wantmore,$$$$$$$$$$ justin Horoble.....Jost starting..... to move..... them off.....MANLY>>>>MANLY>>>>

Like alot of our blokes I don't think he's 100%. He hasn't really been running since he picked up that knee injury around origin. That being said, I feel like Stu Price from the Hangover when he wakes up. I just feel like screaming "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!!!"

Masked Eagle said:
Like alot of our blokes I don't think he's 100%. He hasn't really been running since he picked up that knee injury around origin. That being said, I feel like Stu Price from the Hangover when he wakes up. I just feel like screaming "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!!!"

I actually did yell that out during the game :s

Sid made 20 tackles to Foz's 8 - both halves are playing way below their best :dodgy:

But the last 20 minute shows that there is hope :)

He can't take the line on because there is no room.

Our forwards can't get any momentum to create some space for him. Too many soldier crabs going sideways or knocked backwards.

We need more dummy half running, which is something that has been shelved for the past 2 months, even Matai isn't doing it as much.

Maybe because he doesn't have a Clive Churchill medalist outside of him.Or maybe he is counting the money that he will get next year.

rifraff said:
Maybe because he doesn't have a Clive Churchill medalist outside of him.Or maybe he is counting the money that he will get next year.

Gifty has been out injured since April, so Sid has helped win plenty without him :dodgy:
He is contracted to Manly for 2015 and is not one of the core group lobbying for a contract release :mad:

The money thing is wrong. Maybe he is still injured..

Last year I would have thrown everything at DCE, Foran just gets better and better and better..

He ran a few times, unfortunately it was against a defence moving North instead of backpeddling due to getting dominated in the ruck.
This sent DCE sideways & even backwards at times.....
DCE has enough zip to beat a man laterally & often does, but when the defence is rushing forward due to not bending the line, this becomes almost impossible to create a linebreak unless theres a poor missed tackle.
If DCE slants at the line against a retreating defence he can show & go & come out the other side virtually untouched but...need to bake the cake before you ice it....

He must be injured and is soldiering on. There were some broken play bits last night where he could have gone himself.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2