1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is it happening now

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Frogz, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Frogz

Frogz Don't mess with the goat, he has photos. Premium Member

Sydney, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,392 / 36
    I dont know about everyone else...but Round 5 and the whole world is moving in NRL circles...we havent been mentioned even in a rumour...some of the big names have been on the move....where r we headed?

For 1 and a half years we have done nothing. Now our juniors r under attack.

Mr Lowe and Co what is going on.....and of course we have to sign our youngsters up long termr, of cousre we do.....but what is the future buys....who replaces those that will go????

2. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    Who are our juniors under attack from?

3. Thehill

Thehill Active Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0
    I'd much prefer to be in our position with plenty of youngsters that ooze potential rather than having to put a broom through the place and 'rebuild' like the titans.

4. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    I think irrelevant is the word.

5. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0

Young stars such as Jared Overrated-Hargraves and Trent Dogkinson?

6. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    Oh no, the sky is falling in :SHTF:

7. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,466 / 74
    Its a little too early in the season to worry about big names. Since the June 30 deadline was changed signings seem to go all over the place.

I think we will lose a few names this year, the younger blokes will step up and we will sign one very decent signing

8. The Eagle

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    I dont see the need to sign someone big

9. dowdz

dowdz Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +853 / 5
    Spot on. I think we have enough talent coming through

10. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    People people people people. Don't shoot the messenger because there is some truth to this thread. No club is successful just relying on young talent coming through. You have to have the right balance in your team.

Also not sure why people think just because they are Manly juniors they will all stay and what makes our youngsters different from players from the Raiders, Eels, Panther, Newcastle. Kids these days have managers looking after their best interests which usually means dollars. Loyatly will only get you so far and a few more dollars and the chance of a first grade spot will just about see any young talent junior go if we can't offer the same guarantees.

11. The Eagle

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    Heartbreaking isnt it? This is why Robbo needs to get him some pounds instead of dollars

Oldfield and Hopoate arent the future,they are the ****ing now!

12. Merdy33

Merdy33 Active Member

Ratings:
    +86 / 2
    I'll ask the same question someone else did - which of our juniors are under attack, and from whom? The only info I've seen is rumours and supposition from people on here - ie, because Idris is leaving the dogs, they must be after Hoppa. That may be the case, but to suggest that the club is just sitting on its hands hoping it won't happen is, in my opinion, wrong. I would suggest that the reason that the club is not chasing big names is bacsue they are working on tying up the Hoppas etc.

13. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    I'm shattered and going back to bed. Oh, the humanity!...

14. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

NSW
    Ratings:
    +1,319 / 47
    Another marquee front rower would be good though. Or a big rangey second rower.

15. SwornEagle

SwornEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +181 / 3
    Cunningham... Lussick...?