Why Hasler has made the difference

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NYEagle

Bencher
What other coach would have kept Manly together after last years deomoralizing loss to the Storm and made them even better?.

I think Hasler has been the key to Manly's success all year. You watch the team tactics - just brilliant. Very machine-like - like a slow avalanche rather than explosion, rarely looks pretty the way they win.

Each week they play different. Against the Gold Coast they went all out Bash in the tackles, and against the Panthers and Dragons they played within themselves and grind away type of footy. Brilliant. They are playing with plenty up their sleeves and are building for the biggest games.

Who else would have broough Glen Hall into the starting side, and Mark Bryant as a regular off the bench and cut Cuthbo. Look how Hall and Bryant have been playing and they fit right into the model of the grinder big boys like Perry and Kite playing as a team. Brilliant.

Look at his temperament in the box. He demands perfection because he knows these guys are capable of it. He talks about what work has to be done after an easy win.

...and do you think Dessie was cheering after the Storm loss?...heck no. Right now I bet he's shuffling around with a clipboard cursing away trying to figure out how to play either opponent in 2 weeks. He doesn't care who Manly is playing, he just wants the perfect gameplan and perfect execution.

IMO the real coach of the year.

NYEagle

Do you know what Des was doing today?  He was at a nursery buying plants - my mum saw him and called me straight away!!

That's what coaches get paid to do...........he's just delivering. He has his shortcomings, but if he gets us one better this year then he deserves all the accolades

Yeah thanks egg, been topdressing and seeding the lawn for the last week, few plants too.

Good growing weather

NYEagle link said:
What other coach would have kept Manly together after last years deomoralizing loss to the Storm and made them even better?.

I think Hasler has been the key to Manly's success all year. You watch the team tactics - just brilliant. Very machine-like - like a slow avalanche rather than explosion, rarely looks pretty the way they win.

Each week they play different. Against the Gold Coast they went all out Bash in the tackles, and against the Panthers and Dragons they played within themselves and grind away type of footy. Brilliant. They are playing with plenty up their sleeves and are building for the biggest games.

Who else would have broough Glen Hall into the starting side, and Mark Bryant as a regular off the bench and cut Cuthbo. Look how Hall and Bryant have been playing and they fit right into the model of the grinder big boys like Perry and Kite playing as a team. Brilliant.

Look at his temperament in the box. He demands perfection because he knows these guys are capable of it. He talks about what work has to be done after an easy win.

...and do you think Dessie was cheering after the Storm loss?...heck no. Right now I bet he's shuffling around with a clipboard cursing away trying to figure out how to play either opponent in 2 weeks. He doesn't care who Manly is playing, he just wants the perfect gameplan and perfect execution.

IMO the real coach of the year.

NYEagle

Good read mate

I will suspend my opinion until we see if he'll resist the urge to bring Williamson back into a winning side.

I was wondering that when I saw him (willo) on some footy program or another, when asked when he would be back.

"Week 3 of the finals I should be right"

Shuddered when I head that

Surely not - he could not drop anyone in the current 17 who played on saturday for Willo, surely not

Thanks for the intro Jatz.  I've just got back from the South Coast.  Christ, why do developers have all the bad taste.  It seems to me that all the productive land between Sydney and Nowra is being gobbled up for McMansion development.  Anyway, congratulations to the boys.  Des will have to speak loudly to them about the first half imo.  Way to much ball given to the opposition.  A better side might have capitalized.  Dragons were not much good.  Having a stronger team than last year I expect Des to take the silverware.  Anything less will be an F.   

DSM5 link said:
Thanks for the intro Jatz.  I've just got back from the South Coast.  Christ, why do developers have all the bad taste.  It seems to me that all the productive land between Sydney and Nowra is being gobbled up for McMansion development.  Anyway, congratulations to the boys.  Des will have to speak loudly to them about the first half imo.  Way to much ball given to the opposition.  A better side might have capitalized.  Dragons were not much good.  Having a stronger team than last year I expect Des to take the silverware.  Anything less will be an F.     

:D :eek: ::) :p

tookey link said:
[quote author=eagle_predator link=topic=178414.msg196845#msg196845 date=1221393142]
Des is planting the path way to our glory.

He can visit this site for the manure.

[/quote]

I should of said Des is taking us down the path way to glory. I really think this year is our best chance to take the Title.

tookey link said:
[quote author=eagle_predator link=topic=178414.msg196845#msg196845 date=1221393142]
Des is planting the path way to our glory.

He can visit this site for the manure.
[/quote]

Particulary if he reads any of your posts....

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6