why dont we look at melbourne

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I won't be disappointed to see him get a run if he does, but on what I saw of him last season, I fear for him on the kick return mainly. However last season was a bad one with injury for him and he missed a lot of the start of the season. Hopefully a full off season with the top squad would have rectified the size issue. I wasn't 100% convinced on his play in the games I saw either, he looked a bit behind where he was in his debut year, again that could come back to the amount of footy he missed

"What we did see on Friday night was a Bronco kid, I think 1 or 2 years younger than Hopoate, make his debut and win a MOTM award."

Not sure if this was a typo but Norman played u20 last year and is now too old for that grade. Hoppa is only 17 and doesn't turn 18 until May!!! Considering how fresh faced Norman looked that should put it in perspective. There have been only a very few players that have debuted in 1st grade before their 18th birthday.

In this particular case I think the coaching staff will be paranoid about the physical impact on his body. He did have some injury worries last year anyway.

With that all said, I still want them to give Hoppa a go and see what happens. I just wanted to try and get some perspective in the debate.

At the moment, it is more important that Hodkinson is brought in and his body is ready for it.

I just checked and Corey Norman turned 19 in Feb so is still eligible for u20 but is 15 months older than Hoppa Jnr.

susan ridgepipe link said:
hodkinson is built like a brick outhouse and is old enough.

And its not as if he hasnt trained with the current squad. Todays news reconfims to me that we should bite that bullet and partner him with Foran at 6.

Lyon must be at 6.  I have not seen enough of Forans ball playing to be convinced he can handle 5/8 with a rookie half.  Put him at centre as he is quick, runs good lines and can defend.  Can swap around with Lyon on occasions. 

In a way, Brisbane and Melbourne have built this culture of young players getting opportunities on the back of dominating origin sides for so many years and the success those players bring forcing cost cutting amongst the roster, and they are forced into these decisions on the young guys

Kiwi Eagle link said:
In a way, Brisbane and Melbourne have built this culture of young players getting opportunities on the back of dominating origin sides for so many years and the success those players bring forcing cost cutting amongst the roster, and they are forced into these decisions on the young guys

It's not a wonder that Melbourne also has this culture with Bellyache learning his coaching trade under Wayne Bennett at the Broncos before taking over the coaching duties at Melbourne.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2