Why do you like the Manly Sea Eagles?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
marga said:
Clint said:
Got to say marga. I've never met you & don't know you from a grain of salt, but you really need to post more often. I really enjoy your posts.

Well thank you. Feel a bit out of my depth on here, but slowly getting the hang of it. Hopefully will get to meet some of you at a game one day. I am coming down for the game on Sunday so the ones I do know see you soon. :)

You are not out of your depth at all marga. We are all Manly fans & all family. Some people like to throw their weight around but don't be intimidated. Enjoy the game on Sunday & Go Manly.

... a close relative, ray cannings, was a promising Belrose player and his mate later played for Manly's Reserve grade. Ray unfortunately died as a teenager in 1971 (motorcycle accident) and never reached his footy potential.

I was only a kid at the time. Manly was the football club for the area. It still is.

marga said:
Well thank you. Feel a bit out of my depth on here, but slowly getting the hang of it. Hopefully will get to meet some of you at a game one day. I am coming down for the game on Sunday so the ones I do know see you soon. :)

I know exactly what you mean!

Last edited by a moderator:
marga said:
I saw Bob Fulton play for Manly on TV in the early 70's and thought that will be my team. Have followed them ever since but it wasn't until 2010 when i went to NZ with the MWTS and saw them play for the first time that the bug hit me. Now I am another tragic Manly supporter that gets to as many games as I can. There is no feeling like belonging to this great Club and all the Manly friends that have become like family to me. I love Manly..........and Choc.
Similar. I went with a bunch of other schoolkids to watch an All Blacks rugby tour match against Combined Services. The Services team featured one Bob Fulton. I followed Manly from then on, they made the grand final that year and I never looked back!

I had no option and neither do my kids. My dad is a crazy Manly fan and i remember as a kid if Manly lost to try to avoid stepping out of line in the slightest, and if Manly won HAPPY MEAL AT MACCAS!!!!!! But yeah i have some good memories being a child at brookie oval, never watched the games just slid down the hill on my cardboard meeting new friends.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7