Why did you become a Manly supporter

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

barrack o barba

Reserve Grader
If you didn't come from the Northern Beaches of Sydney what one thing or moment made you an Eagle ?

One of my brothers is a lifelong Sea Eagle and I guess the 1970s success was his reason .

barrack o barba said:
If you didn't come from the Northern Beaches of Sydney what one thing or moment made you an Eagle ?

One of my brothers is a lifelong Sea Eagle and I guess the 1970s success was his reason .

I was on the road to Damascus when this blinding light shine before me, and a voice as if from heaven said Paul, Paul why are you persecuting me. And you can't argue with God now can you

Because I grew up in Manly and my father (who was a Norths supporter) took me to Brookie from the age of 7-8. In those days Manly struggled. But even then there was something about the men in maroon and white that made me want to follow them.
It is one of the best decisions I have ever made. I am so proud of supporting a team that always gives we fans a commited effort.

voicefromthehill said:
barrack o barba said:

I was on the road to Damascus when this blinding light shine before me, and a voice as if from heaven said Paul, Paul why are you persecuting me. And you can't argue with God now can you

LOL ......Let us pray

Because a Sea Eagle is an awesome looking bird of prey whereas a Bulldog is an ugly mutt

I lived on the lower north shore. One day in 1974 while in year 4 at Greenwich primary school other kids were yelling out their favourite football team. THe episode turned into a 'booing' and 'yahing' match depending on what team was yelled out. I had no idea about any team or Rugby League for that fact, but when I heard (what I deemed) the coolest kid in year 5 proudly proclaim 'MANLY', I jumped on board and yelled back, 'MANLY'. My younger brother opted for the roosters a few shouts before so that option was easily covered for me. Norths were going through a typical bad patch, and so from that day forward the Sea Eagles became my team.

If you have to ask you wont get it anyway.

In comparison, all other NRL teams are just a group of souless, robotic mercenaries.

Manly are **** hot, I'm **** hot, and all the other teams eat arse, which is probably the attraction for their supporters

Sumdumguy said:
Because a Sea Eagle is an awesome looking bird of prey whereas a Bulldog is an ugly mutt

Agree with you about the eagle the bird but disagree bout a bulldog , many owners will disagree as well , bout 5k a pup now

My Grandad grew up on the Northern Beaches and is a massive supporter. He used to take me to games on the hill when i was just a little boy, nuff said.

Grew up in Northern NSW and started following them in the 70's mainly because my older brother did but I'm sure our success back then didn't hurt. Really loved watching Phil Blake and in 3rd class at school I wrote him a letter asking him about his legendary chip and chases. To my surprise and delight I received a letter back from him shortly after with a heap of stickers and a booklet on the history of the Manly club and that gesture sold me for life (still have the letter btw).

I own an American Bulldog. Most of the time i just want to kick her in the guts.

barrack o barba said:
Sumdumguy said:

Agree with you about the eagle the bird but disagree bout a bulldog , many owners will disagree as well , bout 5k a pup now

5K. That's bull****

Stevo said:
I own an American Bulldog. Most of the time i just want to kick her in the guts.

barrack o barba said:
Sumdumguy said:

5K. That's bull****

I saw an Aussie Bulldog the other day and was told it was $2,500 a pup and double for a British Bulldog , will stand corrected

1995 GF. Sea Eagles v Dogs.

I lived in the St George area and everyone at school went for the Dogs. So to be different i went for the Eagles. (Paid off next year).

Hated the Dogs ever since.

Spent my younger years in Forestville. My Dad is a Manly supporter, my older bro is a Manly supporter & my school mates were Manly supporters. I knew a good thing when it was staring me in the face! :D

After years of watching your team play at Belmore how does it feel playing home games at the soulless Homebush stadium??

I was born into a Manly family and never looked back! I grew up in Berowra and all my mates went for Norths..poor fellas.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6