Why did we miss out on Boyd?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I have been away for three weeks (to a wedding of a Manly girl in the US) and the more things change, the more they stay the same.

We have a lot of juniors coming through and Crusher is still rated highly by those in the know. Look at Parra at the moment. That is the 'house' that was built over quite a few years. Success at the top level is not easy and many different things need to put in place.

Are Bulldog supporters bemoaning the fact that a few young Mortimers are coming here. We don't know what was offered etc that might influence the young player.

I am also of the belief (having coached quite a few Aust U21 Rugby players int he last 10 years) that ability at 16 is only on factor in ultimate success. The work ethic, discipline and attitude tend to more important if one is to go right to the top tier and be a star. It also takes a good run with injury and the need to have the head right in terms of confidence and modesty. I have seen nothing to indicate that Crusher is not doing a good job.

I know that we have got one ..... :yeah:

No, seriously, the SG Ball and Flegg teams are stacked with talent. I'm sure somewhere in there is the 'star' that everyone is anxiously waiting for.

CW - Can you get your school to register in The Arrive Alive Cup, or an associate school or something? That's they way I see us getting more talent in RUGBY LEAGUE circles on the beaches.

One of my work mates is from cootamundra and knows him, she said hes not much of a player, he tries to be like his father but hes only ever made rep sides because of Les.

We dodged a bullet there, \"scott fulton 2\" :dance:

i disagree with your workmate - he is a geniune rep player for group 9 & i think he might have even got the rep forward of the year award for group 9 - likes of steve reardon, mark stimpson, brett goldspink & craig field play in that team.

anyway he will go well - his only downfall is commitment

i would already rank him as a better player than kane cleal.

Can't believe Steve Reardon and Mark Stimpson are still running around. How did Temora go this year Snoz.

*I am ignoring the Kane comment* ;)

Can't believe Steve Reardon and Mark Stimpson are still running around. How did Temora go this year Snoz.

*I am ignoring the Kane comment* ;)
made the semi finals - cootamundra took out the premiership by beating tumut

A workmate of mine plays in group 9 & is from Coota - Michael Slater. He came to work with a nice shiner courtesy of Steve Reardon! He told some pretty funny stories about Grant and getting on the grog together. Mark Bryant is from around that area too!

kiwi girl is right, did anyone see sg ball this year, this years flegg will be a gun side, we have meaney, cuthbertson, groom, noxi, berryman, kiwi girls brooke, plenty of talent in juniors, just wait and see

See...... now this is the sort of stuff that this website should be built around.

The up & coming talent is a carnival for Eagles fan's expectations. Great reading and promoting the reality that all bodes well for the future of the Eagles.

Im with Ryans sentiments all the way. If its about Juniors and player development then its bloody motivating and worth a great deal of interest. If this site goes the way of delving into player development and the progress of those players then that will spell an exodus from MSE to here quicker than the current overbearing crap they dish out will.

Anyway,,,,Merry Christmas to all and be kind to each other wont you.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4