Why did I think he would get off

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Melbourne's Adam Blair found not guilty of grapple tackle; cleared to face Manly

September 09, 2009

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,26050060-5018866,00.html

Melbourne Storm's finals hopes have been boosted after prop Adam Blair was found not guilty of a grade one dangerous contact charge at the NRL judiciary.

The New Zealand Test star was in danger of missing Friday's finals clash with Manly after being hit with the charge on Monday.

The incident took place during the Storm's 30-0 victory over the Warriors on Saturday when Blair tackled Warriors skipper Micheal Luck.

However, Blair's barrister Geoff Bellew argued successfully that the incident was accidental.

The three man judiciary panel of Mark Coyne, Don McKinnon and Sean Garlick took just five minutes to deliver their verdict at the NRL's head office in Sydney.

The decision is a huge relief for Melbourne, who have already lost front-rowers Matt Cross and Sika Manu to injury.

“We are very pleased, but we were very confident coming into the hearing and received a fair hearing,'' said Storm's Football manager Frank Ponissi.

“Now we can put all of our attention to Friday's game against Manly.''

AAP

Accidental?  So intent needs to be proven?  Like the judiciary members need to be experts in reading minds, and can't give punishment for grapples (as distinct from head highs etc) without claiming to be mind readers?  

On the one hand we have Gallop preempting and usurping courts of law with verdicts and extended knee-jerk punishments before any fair hearing or defence is allowed.  On the other we have tribunals unable to make reasonable decisions on actions and consequences - i.e. on matters of fact.

Farcical. What else would we expect from a game run by a disgraced media organisation?

The way I see it is this is Brett lawyer. Short term loss for us long term gain. He is obviously a good wig wearer this bellow the bear

I'm sure the players would rather beat the team on the field than the one that 1000 angels and saints say should be there.

They're all part of the News Ltd/NRL club so what hope.  Rex is correct, we'll beat them on the field.

Watching the Storm/Warriors game I was surprised to see the Storm back to their old grappling ways. Every tackle had something in it - a hold here, a shove there - and the two refs did nothing about it. Like all NRL "crack downs", this one seems to have been forgotten.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6