1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why choose to sell out to the Devil

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by manlyslam, Oct 7, 2011.

1. manlyslam

manlyslam Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Though I don't know him personally, Des has always come across as a man of high integrity until now. . Obviously there's more to it than meets the eye, but surely he realizes that the choice he's made would hurt allot of loyal manly fans and players alike. I'm personally guttered as I held him in high regard as the backbone of the team.

Something about this deal just doesn't make sense. "Show me the money" and when they did he walked anyway?

What was his rush to sign if he'd agreed to next year? 12 months is a long time to spend on a borrowed boat with a rowdy crew!

Why turn around and pull apart a great club he was always loyal to, just to make a point to administration?

There will come a time when we all get tempted whether the chips are up or down. The choices we make at that moment define a man.

2. Central Coast Eagle

Central Coast Eagle Active Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 2
    Seriously this couldn't go into the thread about this already?

3. ChErRy EvAnZ

ChErRy EvAnZ Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Des sold his sole nd he will pay the price, no man is bigga then the club

4. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Des has done nothing of low integrity. You are judging this on paper talk of verbal agreements etc. Has he been dishonest, lied, cheated or gone against his word?

Des is sick of the infighting at administrative level in the club. He is showing integrity and making a professional decision.

I dislike the Dogs and would hate to see him there but I am not sure that leaving Manly is low integrity.

5. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    How do you know he wasn't already working for the devil?

• Like Like x 1
  6. manlyslam

manlyslam Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0