Why Are We Letting Bombs Bounce??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
An annoying trait that has grown lately, unless Brett is under it we seem happy to let the ball bounce.

I know plenty of other clubs are doing the same, but get under it and catch it. Surely dropping 1 or 2 out of every ten is better than letting the gods decide.

Two reasons last week, one because of the wind, this made it hard to catch, another we let bounce simply because of the chasers and the position it would have been caught in, would have ended up taking us over the touch line

I'm sure if this was a problem it would be addressed by Des. But IMO, why risk dropping a ball in a crowd 10m or further out from your own line? The fact that everyone is doing it tells me the general consensus is the same.

I wonder if they call "let it bounce", or is there a clear directive from coaches, about certain situations.

Sometimes it looks like a stand off with neither side attacking the ball.

Maybe it is a new ploy to stop the risk of dropping the ball and giving the opposition another six close to the line

Seaeagle63 said:
Maybe it is a new ploy to stop the risk of dropping the ball and giving the opposition another six close to the line

What a sneaky tactic. I hope no one else catches on.

This is the reason why I don't think Snake is quite back to 100% yet. At his best he is one of the safest fullbacks I've ever seen. He wouldn't hesitate in contesting any bomb let alone manage to take it with ease. Its actually a good thing, because it tells me he's still got improvement left in him and look out the rest of the comp when he gets back to his VERY best.

I remember early on in Brett's career he had problems with the high ball.

Back in 05 up in Suncorp i think.

He got absoluted bombarded. Came off 2nd best, looked real bad.

But Snake didn't let that get to him, focused on the bad points, trained hard against the high ball and look at him now!

He has so much heart and determination!

IMO bigger issues re the kicks are:

1. why does our defence not run back to assist with similar urgency to the attackers? Brett was the only one urgently chasing the low kick they scored from. Numbers around the ball count. This lack of urgency cost us a try (and the game) again this week.

2. why have our chasers been marginally in front of the kicker so often this year?

A complete lack of urgency is very accurate, being at my first game this year I walked away thinking this team is not serious about going back to back. Yet they were not beaten by much against the No 1 team in the league.

If they have signed up Tafua, its a mistake, waste of good cap $$, i doubt he could catch a cold let alone a well directed bomb.

I 'd like to see another approach to Michael Robertson to ask him to come back - Robbo we need you !:idea:

I think snake avoids jumping slater like to the ball because of his knees. Tafua cant read a bomb but has planty of years ahead of him to learn, Wolf/or oldfield are fine.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
If they have signed up Tafua, its a mistake, waste of good cap $$, i doubt he could catch a cold let alone a well directed bomb.

I 'd like to see another approach to Michael Robertson to ask him to come back - Robbo we need you !:idea:

Up there with 1 of the worst player ratings I have seen

An additional point on this subject is that any of our players who are the main contestant to a bomb should on ALL occassions meet the ball in the air with kness up in protection. Protect yourself and maximise opportunity for penalty from opponents taking your legs out or tackling withour arms extended.

Much higher probability of securing the ball & even the potential to turn things into attack.

Hate to say it but watch Slater do this in every game.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4