Why am I seeing popup ads and redirects on this site?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
I get contacted with this question every now and then.

People see redirects and popups and they look like they are coming from this site, you will even see behavior on this site and not on others.

This is a virus on your computer, even though it looks as though it comes from here it doesn't. The viruses attach themselves to your browser and react to your most visited sites.

In every single case of this that has been reported it has always turned out to be a virus.

First popups have never and will never be a part of this site nor will baited redirects. We want to deliver you only Wjst you expect and not deceive you.

I have measures in place where I get warnings everytime a file is changed or added to the site, this includes attachments that are updated. In this way I know if the site has been compromised. I also run a maleware scanner on the site which runs daily at about 1am sydney time and sends me a report.

If you ever get these your conputer is infected and you should take immediate action.

The following tool has been useful in the past to man who have had this issue so start with that.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/dl/125/

Normal anti viruses are of very little use here.

Dan

@Dan Has something changed with advertising today? I was getting none and today Ive been bombarded. Don't mind the odd ad but there's a heap on every page - lots of sexy girl videos and stock market stuff, neither of which I've ever searched. I'm on my iPhone.

No changes at all but a lot of premium memberships expire ove the next few days

Another person reported one on their phones today. This was showing "Cloudscape" ads and "Stmplive" ads.

It turns out the source of this is a cookie, and can also infect iPhones and Android devices.

This has been tracked down to specific cookies, and if you are seeing popup or popunder, or intrusive ads, it may be worth clearing your cookies as a first step

I don't have any ad blockers yet I have your popup going all the time.

Our system has detected that an "AdBlocker" is installed in your browser. It is blocking advertisements and possibly other essential functions in our site. Please consider to disable the AdBlocker while you're browsing in our site. You may not be aware, but any visitor supports our site by just viewing ads.

firefox 38.0.1

Can you list (perhaps in pm) your Firefox plugins?
It may be that the standard Firefox popup blocker is reacting

I get contacted with this question every now and then.

People see redirects and popups and they look like they are coming from this site, you will even see behavior on this site and not on others.

This is a virus on your computer, even though it looks as though it comes from here it doesn't. The viruses attach themselves to your browser and react to your most visited sites.

In every single case of this that has been reported it has always turned out to be a virus.

First popups have never and will never be a part of this site nor will baited redirects. We want to deliver you only Wjst you expect and not deceive you.

I have measures in place where I get warnings everytime a file is changed or added to the site, this includes attachments that are updated. In this way I know if the site has been compromised. I also run a maleware scanner on the site which runs daily at about 1am sydney time and sends me a report.

If you ever get these your conputer is infected and you should take immediate action.

The following tool has been useful in the past to man who have had this issue so start with that.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/dl/125/

Normal anti viruses are of very little use here.

Dan
Especially that ****ty one from Kaspersky

iphone is very odd. Do you see the ads?

Still getting it at home - just logged into my work PC via remote desktop & no problems from work. Same ISP so maybe something to do with my home network.

Let me work on it. I believe there may be an upgrade to that code

Still getting it at home - just logged into my work PC via remote desktop & no problems from work. Same ISP so maybe something to do with my home network.
Ok I tweaked the script a little, are you still getting the notifications?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6