Who's that Manly fan???.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Can anyone tell me it's the same guy you always hear with that loud manly chant during the television games at brookie.It's almost like a cry of dispare you can't miss it.

Dan and Matabele both have voices that would wake the dead. However, due to Geography and the fact that they aren't True Supporters it isn't them (and they used to sit on the hill in their rare Brookie appearances) it is someone else!!!

Canteen Worker link said:
Dan and Matabele both have voices that would wake the dead. However, due to Geography and the fact that they aren't True Supporters it isn't them (and they used to sit on the hill in their rare Brookie appearances) it is someone else!!!

:)

I have been known to yell just a little. I was just trying to get Pepsi to hear in the Jane Try stand, whilst I was on the hill. Though I think Clontaago could hear me in Melbourne.
Once or twice I have heard myself on tape, but that was in the days when they counted the Seagulls in the crowd figures

But Alas the last game I attended was the Titans game, so it is no longer me.

If you get both Leanne and I at a game together, the entire crowd will know about it. Leanne could open tin cans with her voice. When she has a few under her belt, the thought of nails down a chalk board seems pleasant sometimes. You can take the girl out of Campbelltown, but you can't take the bogan drawl out of her voice

Hahahahaha - awesome dude.

I remember sitting at the final (BK's last game) between Manly and the Dragqueens at ANZ. Mata and I got there early, and I believe Premier League were playing. Everyone's relaxed and quiet. Not many people were in the stands. Next thing you hear is this bellow the loudness of a jumbo jet explode next to me as Matabele went into cheer. I'm in for a veeeeery long day I thought. LoL

The next effort was express advocate on the CC. Manly vs. Roosters trial. Steve Matai gets the ball (as Des Hasler is walking past us to get back to his chair), our side of the stands are pretty quiet. Next thing you hear, again like a jumbo jet from Mata, "Your USELESS MATAIIIIIIII !!!". LoL.

He's a cracker to have around.

Is 1 bloke on the hill that is classic. Big Unit with a big bushy beard, rocked up about 15mins into the game 1 night and just started up and did not stop, Wolfy we nicknamed him i think. His favourite chant was "We're Maroon, we are white, we are ****ing dynamite"

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Is 1 bloke on the hill that is classic. Big Unit with a big bushy beard, rocked up about 15mins into the game 1 night and just started up and did not stop, Wolfy we nicknamed him i think. His favourite chant was \"We're Maroon, we are white, we are F**king dynamite\"

That is Pat.

He sat next to me at the Cowgirls game last year and said "i'll apologise in advance but i tend to get a bit noisy at the games".

I simply turned an smiled saying "thats ok, in the noisy bastard all the time"

We have been mates ever since.

As for the OP its hard to tell due to the location of the microphones.

Some say im not the quitest and can be heard but its impossible to tell. Needless to say i might have started a chant or two before.

Mata and myself are known as two of the foghorn voices from ST but we get plenty of help.

We can claim the garden gnome chant as our own though. Yes we needed a home version of the garden shed chant that was great at away games but it got all the more sweeter with the Dally M

I know the guy spoken of and in my mind I've always imagined that it's Fluffy that the voice belongs to.  I'm going to stick with that as it enhances my enjoyment of the game to think its a silvertail leading the chant.

If it is the same guy as the one I'm thinking of, he sits right in front of Dessie's coaching box and god he makes an absolute racket. I often wonder how this blokes voice box can take a hammering week after week after week....

Not the same guy but after many years of sitting on the hill I had 3 seats at the sthn end of the Jane Try Stand some 15 years ago. In front of me was a guy who just booed all game long, against every ref decision that went against us and every dubious play by whoever the opposition was. The boos were easily heard on every tv replay I watched. What did you do on the weekend? - I just booed the crap out of my lungs! Strange. Anyway I am back on the hill amongst the foghorns. My brother-in-law, another diehard Eagle's man, would give any of you a run for your money. The hill used to look around in absolute astonishment at his booming chants for the boys.

Remember that clown that tried to pick a fight with me at the Penrif game when I suggested the crowd were weak for not getting involved because we were 20 points behind at halftime?

Nope, i try to forget most things out Penriff way, its the only way i can convinve myself to go back.

I remember that one matas.

One I will never forget is at the game in Melbourne with all in the box. My dad leaning out the window yelling insults at gallop.

Same night mikey, clontaagos brother in law having a yelling match with some bloke in the stand, then going down to say hello and have a beer with the bloke, but the guy got scared and screamed and ran away. Agh good times

So Dan, are we going to sit together at Suncorp this year?  I think I was very lucky to emerge alive from the post-match walk down Caxton Street last year. 

Dan link said:
I remember that one matas.

One I will never forget is at the game in Melbourne with all in the box. My dad leaning out the window yelling insults at gallop.

Same night mikey, clontaagos brother in law having a yelling match with some bloke in the stand, then going down to say hello and have a beer with the bloke, but the guy got scared and screamed and ran away. Agh good times
From what I heard at the time, I am surprised that anyone remembers anything about that game or night at all!!!!!

Melbourne is like penriff, im suprissed you remembe anything

unfortunalty i have to head down there for 2 weeks on frinday

oh there are patches that come back to me. In my head the night only went for about 1 hour.

There was a lot of alcohol consumption going on that night. I remember someone on the phone asking me the score and me looking up at the scoreboard, unable to focus on it, telling them "I don't know, but I think we are losing" or so I have been told

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6