Who's playing ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Chip & Chase link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=185385.msg307875#msg307875 date=1291012815]
absolute disgrace at the end of the day, we nicked a guy out but not given by his mate, f**king player umpires, so we fired up a bit. His excuse was he didn't hear it, telling him to clean his ears out and f**k off to the sidelines isn't really captaincy behaviour but it just happened lol. The edge was heard by people watching on the boundary

That farking s**ts me too. I don't understand why players don't walk when it is their own team umpiring, it's the only sporting thing to do. If you nick one and your mate doesn't give you then you both just end up looking like pathetic cheats. If it is a proper ump then I can live with people not walking, although I tend to more often then not, unless the opposition are total tools.

You should have thrown their ump the ball after the appeal was turned down and said "can you pick the splinters out of that for me, I don't want to get done for ball tampering"
[/quote]

Fantasy tan was the worst for that,played against him last year,3 nicks of my bowling and no walk,i bowled him an over after the last nick,but not before walking off the field and requesting another umpire
he only scored about 5 runs anyway

Rumours are ill be playing in Melbourne later this month, about the 26th @ MCG.

have almost 2 weeks to learn to bowl left arm spinners, should be plenty it seems

Fro link said:
If you were light on for bowlers and it was a belter KE, why did you send them in??

The rules in our grade pretty much force teams into declaring at 60 overs, so I knew they wouldn't bat past that time, and the deck would still be a belter in the afternoon. It worked out they faced 60 overs and we faced 50.

Was also a bit tactical, our side will be stronger this weekend, and I would prefer to be batting last and chasing rather than defending with the attack we will have

Sweet assumed their was some reason but didnt know what it could be. makes sense.

Ours are first team bats all week 1 then week 2 the bowling team bats if they hadnt already started wk 1.

Fro link said:
Sweet assumed their was some reason but didnt know what it could be. makes sense.

Ours are first team bats all week 1 then week 2 the bowling team bats if they hadnt already started wk 1.

We play minimum 100 overs a day. You get bonus points for runs scored, which is .01 per run so 100 runs = 1 pt, if you bat past 60 overs in the 1st innings you lose them. follow on is 100 runs. Most teams play with the attitude of going out there to try and win on the 2nd day but have had some negative matches over the years which suck a bit

1 of my mates plays in the Newcastle comp and says both formats have there good points

Should get a Prems batsman, and my normal opening bowler and wicketkeeper batsman back this week, all replacing guys who only fielded last week so is a real bonus for us

Ah, we are 77 overs per day. we dont start till 1:30pm.

bonus points= same for runs and .3 per wicket. ie 300 runs = 10 wickets.

i like the sound of your guys as it forces 2 innings basically, which is going to generate results naturally. but we havent got the timespan that you play.

Gotta love it when a plan comes together

We missed the 1st innings by 25 runs, I chipped the ball down long off throat early to end at 36.

we came out and bowled crap, 3-0-19-0 for me when I cut myself, and at lunch they had a big lead. After lunch their skipper said to me to throw some pies down and they would declare, and they gave us a chase of 250 from 49.
We started pretty well and looked in control needing about 70 from 15 overs with 6 wickets in hand, but a couple of guys got bogged down and I ended up coming in with 48 needed from 38 balls. Got a few away, and it came down to 18 from 18, and the bloke at the other end who was on 85 faced a maiden haha. Managed 7 off the next over, leaving 11 from the last and me on strike. The bowler was the NZ Shotput champion so a HUGE unit ! I just decided to swing hard no matter what and got the 1st as clean as I have ever got a ball and put it into the carpark baseball style down the ground, followed up by a 2 and a 1. Then sacrificed the new bloke to get me back on strike and put the 2nd last ball over the covers to finish the game with a ball to spare and finished 34* from 17

Had a big night afterwards, top of the table heading into the Xmas break now

Sent onto the field on an overcast day,feeling readier than i have for a game in ages,first 10 overs nothing happening,i get the ball and its swinging,having a battle with one of the openers and the other is boring me to death,the slogger takes a single putting on the overly defensive batsman against me,im thinking "Well,build pressure on the non striker by stopping this guy scoring"

Steam in and put the left foot down,it slides across the crease and i hear a clunk and look up,middle stump is doing cartwheels

Bounce the next guy his 2nd ball,he plays it straight down fine leg's throat

an over or 2 later,another slogger,another slow ball pitched shortish looking like a pie,he makes a meal of it

3/11 off 5 at drinks

Taken off with 5 overs left to bowl for no reason whatsoever,i ended up getting a direct hit on a man whos scored 45,my team screaming keeper but the flash i seen,i was never throwing to keeper,side on it felt brilliant

Watched my team from the nets as i warm up the next batsman,have a chat with our other team who got washed out not but 2km away as we cruise to victory even losing a hatrick of wickets

Great day for my boys yesterday,could have gotten them cheaper than the 135 they scored had we had a good smart captain who listens to the wrecking ball i felt like yesterday,captains beware if a bowler is on fire and not telling you his rooted,let him bowl out

god you are good shane :)

We got rained out at about 25 overs, we were 5 for 80 odd, i was about 12* or so, bloddy hate batting in the rain.

How about off the park lads ?

We had our Xmas party Saturday night, everyone was a bit mad after playing in 35deg heat so a bloody good night was had

Interesting night for me, had a chick that is meant to be a leso cracking on to me, my mate kissed me which was a bit awkward and then got slapped on the arse a few times and told it was a hot arse, must have been the Manly shorts haha

Off the field my squad fails at,its a disapointing season in that regard,noone comes back to the RSL anymore to relive the antics of the day and have a cold beer together,last year it was almost a compulsary

Have played 4 T20 games since Xmas, and we blew the comp only winning 2 of them which is bloody annoying, ran 2nd on 4/6, side that won was 5/6. We should have won every game

Mixed efforts for me, bat didn't get going at all, 5*, 5, 7 and 2 and with the ball bowled 4 overs every game for 1/9, 2/29, 1/19 and 2/29 again.

Been on fire with the mits the last few weeks though which is unusual for me !

Back into the 2 dayers again this week, we are leading the comp, 5 of them left to finish the season off

1 day game saturday in the clouds,warm with no breeze
i liken it to playing in hell

Set a total of 129 from 35.2 overs on a slow outfield

Go into the field and open the bowling,5 overs none for 9
The game progresses and with alot of pressure wickets start
falling,they close in and the captain gives me the nod again

Bowling right arm pies right on line with the stumps at a good length arent doing much but they are putting pressure on the batsman to make something of it,finally swing and miss and a wicket for me,a few overs later with persistant pressure in the field and very tight bowling i take the ball from middle and off,not disturbing the stumps and it brings in the bunny,end of the over.....other bowler gives a single and then the bunny gets caught,we win by 18 runs with 3 overs left to bowl,suffice to say my 1st trip to the tenth circle of hell had a great result,hopefully never play there again

So the season ended a few weeks ago,how did you blokes end up going?

Day 1 (Saturday)
For us it was a rain effected saturday,we lost 3 wickets from 9.....and scored 21

Day 2 (Sunday)
Wasnt much better for us,we got skittled for 68,rainy wet pitch again but the rain cleared,the clouds however were a constant reminder of how screwed we were,I batted in 6 and basically it was one of those days,top edge over slips and a few well pitched balls later i was gone for the single i stole,I open the bowling with the captain,he gets 3 wickets,i get 1.....basically us in the field,i couldnt be prouder of my team

Our captain uses the old adage of "**** gets wickets" as full tosses and foot pitched bouncers were the order of the day,i was bowling the best i probably have in my life,1/19 of 19 overs,my wicket ball was the only one i missed my mark on,i went to draw him outside off however the balls path swung (Slightly,perhaps an inch) towards just outside off and the soggy seam was the telling blow,the ball jags off the pitch and hits the very top of off stump,luck helps from time to time,the problem for me was there was very little swing and i thrive with a swinging ball

They are on the ropes,we're slowly getting them out,im holding down my end for nearly nothing and the other end is getting wickets because there was pressure on them to score runs down there,This tiny indian kid and an old slogger finished us for the most part,the kids defense and this blokes somewhat ridiculous shots got them across the line (Edges,ramp ups and edge drives where it was supposed to end up over cow corner and ended up getting 4 through backward ****ing point!)

We lost by 2 wickets,everyone put in on the field and we just had a few things against us,terrible batting mostly and our number 1 batsman (Avg 55.8 from 8 innings) was not playing...If its that team again,Definatly next year

The last 5-6 weeks of our season got cancelled due to the earthquake

We were really, really unlucky not to win the 2 day comp, were in a great spot to do it but the disrupted season cost up

I finished up with about 240 runs @ 19 and 33 wickets @ 16

Had prizegiving last week and got the trophies for most wickets in 1 grade, most wickets in the club and most economical 10 over spell. Was in the top few for POTY

That time of year again, anybody playing ?

We started last week but I was at the GF. The side really missed the skipper winning the opening 1 dayer by 287 runs lol. We got rained off today

Club cricket really struggling here post quake, about 20 teams down across the entire men's side of things. My club in particular has been smashed, losing 15 players from our morning grade squad so have had to drop 3rd grade for the season. Lost our prem women's side as well, they only had 7 and 4 of them were New Zealand players lol

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4