Who's playing ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Played a memorial match today,good to see all the clubs old blokes still put in,our current crop however were embarrasing,noone ran hard,sure its just a fun game but dont be deliberately bad

Another loss for us. i just can't see where we will find our runs this season so it could be a very long one

Playing the top side in the comp. They came at us really hard and we kept chipping wickets away, at drinks they were 142/5 from 25. We knocked them over for 208. i only got the 1 spell in, 1/25 from 5. I normally have mits like choc, but somehow pulled off 2 diving rippers, no idea where they came from

Batting, debacle. I batted 7 and was in once again in the 13th over. I copped an absolute jaffa and departed for a duck. Ball was angling into middle/leg so I lined up to play it there, and it swung away, squared me up and took off stump while at the same time not bouncing. We made 124 in the end

Haha yeah mate, more of a partnership breaker now days though. Sent some offies down on Saturday. Got 3 fa.

I'll need to score a few soon, they aren't really the scores you want from a number 3. Some big games coming up soon as well.

Volley link said:
Haha yeah mate, more of a partnership breaker now days though. Sent some offies down on Saturday. Got 3 fa.

I'll need to score a few soon, they aren't really the scores you want from a number 3. Some big games coming up soon as well.

My batting average is always lower than my bowling average...

Other bloke not coming back so looks like I have the reins for the season now.

To make things better this week, lose my best batsman and bowler up to Prems. Team talks aren't my strong point but might have to pull a good one out this weekend. The coach put an absolute rocket up us on tuesday night haha

We pumped a **** side last weekend. The boys followed my gameplan perfectly so it was a good day

Won the toss, batted, scored 255/6, could have been more, but I liked the control the guys played with. Bolstered by 2 batsman, 1 that used to play for us but now lives in Newcastle but is back for a few weeks, he got 47, and another who flew in from brisbane on friday night and scored 61, won't have him for long though coz Prems will nab him. I came in with 4 balls left and got 5*

Knocked them over for 154, should have been less but a young bloke started taking the piss out of us and farming the strike while smoking a few round and made 43. I copped a bit of tap to go from 0/10 off 6 to 0/26 off 8.

Had our 1st 20/20 day last weekend, and we nailed it

Got put into bat in the morning, and we made 148/6 which was a good effort, I came in near the end and hit the filthiest 21 you will ever see off 10 balls. Took the beast out with me (weighs 3.5), 1st 2 scoring shots were straight up for 3 and straight up for 2 haha. Then smoked a 6 before being dropped on the fence again that went for 4.
1/18 off 4 with the nut, cross seamed it 1st up and went for 9 then went normal and hooped it a mile, 1 inswinger knocked the batter off his feet, we held them to 98/6

Afternoon we bowled 1st, had them in big trouble before they out on a big partnership and made 122 in the end. 0/24 from 4 for me, disappointing as my 1st 2 overs only cost 2. 1st ball of the match I hit the bloke infront of middle below the kneeroll but not given.
Our opener then came out and smoked an unbeaten 77 and we reached 123/2 in 13 overs

Big game this week, playing the final 1 day round, we have to beat the unbeaten side to have any chance of making the semis

Disappointing day yesterday

Bit of a ****ter of a day, with rain forcast on and off throughout.

I won the toss, and decided to try and make use of a dry ball. Pitch had plenty in it, 1st ball i bowled wasn't that short and whistled over the batsman's head. Was a solid period of rain during the innings which killed our ball, you know it is wet when the ball has a tail coming off it on the way to you ! They made 213, largely due to our most consistent bowler having a mare and going for 50 from 5. I took 3/27

Batting started off well, but we lost our best 4 bats in the space of 5-6 overs and that was pretty much it. I knew I needed to make 60 for us to win and was 2nd last out for 23. 150 was our score

Finished in a 3 way tie for the final semi spot, not sure who will get it but we are probably 2nd in line to get it i think

Yesterday was nothing short of depressing.....

Won the toss,Elected to bat on a hot day,shaky start to our innings,it fired up in the 7th wicket partnership of 160 and put us at 230 with 40 overs 2 bowl,We open with a part timer and a new return,who both get flogged all around the park,we then change to 2 more nuffies who continued to get flogged

We had another 2 get flogged around,i come on 5th change,from my normal opening position,the ball is swiss cheese,i couldnt get my radar in after 2 poor overs and it was well to late,5 wicket haul for a part time player....and a loss by 5 wickets due to inept captaincy,so inept im considering my playing future

Great day for my mob

Won the toss and decided to bat as the deck we were on tends to slow up and die in the afternoon. We batted bloody well to declare at 249/8 after 60. I came in, felt in good nick and smoked a 6 down the ground with no effort, then was run out for 15

As I said, the track tends to slow up, and this was no different. Offered me nothing but managed to burgle 2 wickets with shorts ball so will take them, 2/31 for me and we rolled them for 113.

I decided to enforce the follow on and they are 24/0 at stumps. absolute disgrace at the end of the day, we nicked a guy out but not given by his mate, ****ing player umpires, so we fired up a bit. His excuse was he didn't hear it, telling him to clean his ears out and **** off to the sidelines isn't really captaincy behaviour but it just happened lol. The edge was heard by people watching on the boundary

Grand final in indoor coming up on Wednesday night.

Won the semi final 167 - 24, we batted second. The managed 41 off the first skin and we were sluggish. I bowled the next over and pegged back the top of off twice to get us started then took a ripper catch and a 1 stump run out in the next. Easily my best game everything stuck. Hoping i can back it up next week.

We were made to work hard but got there in the end

Following on they made 258 in their 2nd dig, our fielding was poor and we missed key chances which cost us runs and time. Cricket can be a weird game, I bowled a bag of **** and took 2/34 from 14 while the other opener bowled awesome and took 3/77 from 18

So the target was 123, and we started off shakily but got there 4 down so a nice solid win to start the 2 day comp

Playing on an absolute belter of a deck, best I have played on on our oval in the 8 years I have played on it

I won the toss and chucked them in, to try and set up up for a chase on the final afternoon. At the end of 60 overs they declared at 289/8. We dropped a bloke on 18, he made 106, costly. Opener made 94 as well. Was bloody hot, and our bowling attack was light, so I had to bowl plenty of overs, took 2/77 from 19 but bowled better than that

In reply, we lost 1 opener early and I thought here we go again as our lineup was pretty light this week, but the other opener made 66 and the 3 made 49 to get us underway well, a slight collpase to about 140/4 when I came in but we steadied again before stumps to be 202/5 from 50 overs, looking to try and knock off the 88 for 1st innings next week inside 10 overs to keep our bonus points. I am 35 not out, the boys bagging me for hitting the 2nd last ball of the day for 6, but it was there to go so it was sent

Kiwi Eagle link said:
absolute disgrace at the end of the day, we nicked a guy out but not given by his mate, f**king player umpires, so we fired up a bit. His excuse was he didn't hear it, telling him to clean his ears out and f**k off to the sidelines isn't really captaincy behaviour but it just happened lol. The edge was heard by people watching on the boundary

That farking ****s me too. I don't understand why players don't walk when it is their own team umpiring, it's the only sporting thing to do. If you nick one and your mate doesn't give you then you both just end up looking like pathetic cheats. If it is a proper ump then I can live with people not walking, although I tend to more often then not, unless the opposition are total tools.

You should have thrown their ump the ball after the appeal was turned down and said "can you pick the splinters out of that for me, I don't want to get done for ball tampering"

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6