Who'd have thought after round one...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sure as hell an improvement from this time last year, 3/3 compared to 1/5.

Beating the whinging worms would be a big achievement. I think it all is about getting the crowd stirred up and hitting the ground running. If the team and I know it is a new team has any pride, this is the perfect game to stand up as they are our eternal enemy and they are crowing about buying our players.

If we can be 5 and 5 after 10 games, that gives us a good platform to do well during and after origin. We should not be hit too hard, losing Myles most likely and maybe DCE or Tom Turbo.
DCE won't be playing SOO SS78. Who's in front of him? Thurston, Cronk Hunt Milford & the cows 5/8 whose name is escaping me atm.

DCE won't be playing SOO SS78. Who's in front of him? Thurston, Cronk Hunt Milford & the cows 5/8 whose name is escaping me atm.
Yeah atm DCE is way down the order due to his bad form.

Milf
Hunt
Mbye
Taylor
Cronk
Thurston
Elgey
Norman
Morgan

Are all ahead of him atm and I doubt DCE may play rep football ever again

We are about average. All three teams we have won against put up below par performances.

I think teams plays as well as their opposition allows them to play. I wouldnt under rate those efforts. I think the match against Parra will be very close, though I have a sense Parra may win..this time. Newcastle...we should have a good win there

Milf
Hunt
Mbye
Taylor
Cronk
Thurston
Elgey
Norman
Morgan

I agree Turbo. In fact I would go as far to say that DCE should come back through reggies. Api is going great guns.

Good don't want to lose anyone to SOO Queensland team. Still think DCE will do great when he returns and gets the same go forward from the forwards as Api has got. DCE's kicking game is the missing link.

We are about average. All three teams we have won against put up below par performances.

I agree, still think the Game against Souths was our best performance of the season so far, minus the horrid start of course.

Pains me to say it but it will be very difficult on Thursday. The cheats have been very solid from a defensive point of view so far and out 5th tackle options just aren't threatening enough yet. Foz will have them fired up for this one, hoping we match the intensity and get momentum like we did in the last 60mins of the last home game.

Go Manly!!

Of course I do. Don't think it will be easy but not sure they have much improvement left where we do. They are also on a 5 day turnaround so no excuses there. Control Foran and I think we win. Who better to control him but his former teammates. Might be wishful thinking but at least its positive thinking.

Dominate their forwards and we win.

What a simple game this is!!!!!

I agree Turbo. In fact I would go as far to say that DCE should come back through reggies. Api is going great guns.
I just wonder, reflecting on what we have seen these last games, maybe Api the Axe could have been the one trialling at 5/8, DCE at 7, and representative centre Walker applying pressure in a three way tussle for a centre spot.
With DCE out - Lyon to 5/8, Api to 7, Walker in natural position at centre.

Pretty much yep parra are a top 4 side and we are currently not playing that footy and I'm afraid there halves will carve us but it all depends on attitude if we start poorly easy win for parra 30 plus if we show up we will only lose by 10 or less. We won't be wining IMO Foz will win motm he will be the difference we can't win its impossible I know it's a big call but another 5 day turnaround against a top 4 side Foz will be up for it no cherry Evans! Easy win for parra but I really do hope we win coz I hate parra but they are too good at the moment and we are struggling at Brookie lately we just look a little flat at home this year
Sea Eagles 32 - Eels 6 end of story!! Our boys will be primed & will give it to the Eels & that metrosexual Foran!

Milf
Hunt
Mbye
Taylor
Cronk
Thurston
Elgey
Norman
Morgan

Didnt milford and hunt cop a 12 month ban. Are they in the group of players with napa that can not play origin thus year for breaking camp

Lets just remember that while we have a 5 day turnaround to play the Speels this week.......the Speels also have a 5 day turnaround to play us because they also played on Saturday, even if it was a couple of hours earlier than us because of the we played in Auckland factor. So in that sense, both teams go in on a somewhat equal footing.

We'll win this one. Its just a pity Chez won't be out there to silence all the knockers about himself and Foreign and who was better, who needs who etc.

Personally, I think we can go to 4-3 after beating the Speels and 5-3 after we do the Knights (btw, we have another 9 day break between the Speels and Knights games which is why I believe that we may have DCE back by round 8 and not 9 as the club is saying).

5-3......who would have thought that? Even 4-4 was supposed to be impossible. Some here had us being 1-7 or at best 2-6 after 8 rounds.

I HATE THE BRONCOS

We all hate the Donkeys mate lol. But in this cast that should be directed more at the NRL and Channel Nein. The NRL for allowing the television broadcaster to control their draw (you don't see the AFL giving Ch.7 control of their draw......) and Nein because in their pursuit of ratings and therefore money, they are the ones who want Brisbane on prime time Friday night FTA television every week. Why? Because the Donkey's are easily the biggest drawcard in Brisbane and SE Qld and it makes Nein's ratings figures look so much better.

You know, Brisbane in the past have often come out and said that they would prefer a lot more Sunday than Friday games, mostly because its easier for fans to get to games on a Sunday arvo and therefore th after eir already league leading attendances would look even better. However, you can't tell me that they are really unhappy about how things are. Their players almost constantly get a 7 day turnaround and either way because they are on FTA television as opposed to the limited audience Fox has, they can charge their ground sponsors more money because they are getting national coverage on an almost weekly basis.

Everyone go to the tab & put money on manly for premiers. After we beat parra We'll come in to 6-1 from 12-1 trust me.
I do that each year by round 1, just $50 but it's fun.

Best return was in 2011 when we were at $21:)
Plus having watched Chez through the Grades, I also had $50 on him to score a GF try :party:
This year I only got the 11:1, so I'd better check how much we're at now @:D

We'd have to be big underdogs against Doesn'tmatta. But what do the betting agencies know? They had us something like $3.50 to beat the Worriers when Manly should have been favourites (which several of we Forum posters predicted).
Beating the Eels will be harder.
It's the first time in about 25 years I've not been confident when playing the Slime.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2