Who will sign Tuqiri ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
ManlyBacker link said:
[quote author=Zep link=topic=180926.msg230439#msg230439 date=1246444652]
4-1 League
9-1 French Rugby
20-1 Japan Rugby
199-1 AFL.

You would never make a bookie Zep! You can back each option and cannot lose money, only make it :p

He was one of my all-time favorite players. But he has bludged around in RU for way too long. I would be astonished if he made an impact in RL now. If he wants an easy life then French RU and the attached dollars would have to be favorite.
[/quote]

who said they were money backing odds?

But it does look like (according to ninemsn) that Titans and Dragons are very interested in him.

Now the tantalising prospect of Lote Tuqiri returning to rugby league is very real, with Parramatta last night becoming the first club to publicly declare their intention to sign the discarded ARU star.

The Eels, though, will have to compete for Tuqiri's signature with the Gold Coast Titans, who have opened the door for the former Bronco to return to the sunny climes of Queensland.

We'd be mad not to talk to him - Lote is a marquee player and we need an outside back," said new Eels football club director Brett Kenny.

"Lote is quality, who would also help us with attendances, marketing and merchandise

He chose the latter - for a reported $6 million - and several NRL clubs claim they simply could not afford the former Brisbane Bronco and Kangaroos winger.

"We are on our cap this year and just about on our cap for next season," Brisbane CEO Bruno Cullen said. "We couldn't make him an offer that wouldn't be embarrassing to him."

Wests Tigers, Sydney Roosters and Souths also said they would be unable to fit Tuqiri under their salary cap for 2010.

How the **** can the Tigers be on the limit. Its going to be a tough few years if you are a Tigers fan.

There is a hint of a cover up here, obviously Lote has done something to have his contract torn up and there were rumours last week that there was a behaviorial issue within ARU.  If this was NRL the papers would have been all over this

The Wheel link said:
There is a hint of a cover up here, obviously Lote has done something to have his contract torn up and there were rumours last week that there was a behaviorial issue within ARU.  If this was NRL the papers would have been all over this

Exactly, Wheel. I want to know what the hell he's done, not where he's going.

Seems like the ARU were sweating on him having a leak up against some pub or other.  He's on a million a year so there's some saving for them there.  He'd be mad to come back to the NRL.  At his age he should be looking at bludging in France.  That's what he's become accustomed to, bludging that is. 

Lachie Turner is a better Rugby Winger, Then you have O'Connor and Ashley cooper who you put infront of him (meaning you would stick one to the wing). I have been a fan of Drew Mitchell since his days at the Reds but i think Tiquiri is probably a better winger than him.

The problem is everyone got so used to Tiquiri and the lines he runs. He had X-Factor now his is just a duck.

The wallabies will be fine this winter with him IMO

THE NRL has virtually ruled out any chance of Lote Tuqiri making a rugby league comeback this season.

Chief executive David Gallop has the power to register players after the June 30 deadline under exceptional circumstances, but the rule is in place more to cover for clubs that have injury problems. We're told Gallop is unlikely to register the Wallaby discard because it would give his new club an unfair advantage.

The other hurdle for Tuqiri is that he is managed by Queensland-based Les Ross, who is not an accredited NRL player agent. The NRL's Ian Schubert sent an email to all the chief executives last week to remind them they can only deal with accredited agents.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,25733440-5016360,00.html

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4