1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who will replace those who resigned?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by lila_milla, Nov 1, 2011.

1. lila_milla

lila_milla Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Who do you think are coming to replace Alicia Keogh and Jessica Iver?

Do you reckon they will hire from within or bring in someone new??

2. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    Nah, I reckon Viven Leigh and maybe Makybediva.

3. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    Rebecca Wilson and lotti.

4. Earnie the Eagle

Earnie the Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +359 / 16
    The word it that it will be two very well known people...to someone that it is.

5. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Surely Farrar can cover Keogh, and I'm thinking Buhrer has enough utility value to make a reasonable fist of Iver's spot.

6. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,404 / 130
    My next door neighbour seems nice enough and is looking for a job, I'd start with her.

I reckon Shazza from Housos is well-spoken and should be considered for one of the positions if not both. She has plenty of time now the baby has been born and DOCs have taken it from her and Dazza.

7. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    I reckon Bones' brothers mate that was selected on the wing for NSW, would be handy

8. OneEyedEagle

OneEyedEagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    You boys have got it all wrong, it’s going to be announced tomorrow at 25:01 in the morning.

Bobo has the gig. His mama and ex mail order bride Lin Chow will be assisting.

As you may already know, Bobo has little patience and those that cross him usually end up on the wrong end of his chainsaw. That’s just what the board needs.

Rumour has it he will be imposing his working conditions and abuse and he will be docking board members for any media leaks or bringing the club into disrepute.

I for one can't wait till he starts.

Free pizza's will be served at every board meeting.

9. Phantar

Phantar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0
    No room for Wazza in your plans? Or is he too old? What about Mayor Christina Reece or Premier O'Bazzle?

10. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,765 / 258
    I'll answer your question in a honest way Lila.

Alicia will be hard to replace, quite simply for the fact she's been there a long time and knew her stuff very well. I imagine her position might come from within.

Jess will be easier to replace (and that's not me saying anything bad about her), she was after all quite young and had not been in the job that long (just a year or two I think), so I imagine there would be dozens that would line up to replace her out there in "techno nerd" land.

For those not aware Alicia handled the functions and game day role, Jessica was their social media person (Twitter/Facebook).

One thing everyone has to be aware of NO ONE is irreplacable!!

And that includes Des!!

11. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Have the dogs also poached these 2 as well

12. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Yes!
    Alicia has gone to RAS Showgrounds- Domestic and Livestock Animals are their domain :p

13. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Do you know why they left Mark?

14. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Mark, I think you'll find that Peter Peters believes he's irreplaceable

15. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,648 / 66
    I would hope the club runs a professional recruitment process.

16. quinny

quinny Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    Incorrect-Anyone is replaceable, including Des.
    We will move forward like we always have. Des made his "business" decision, and good luck to him. Geoff Toovey will more than fill the void because of Hasler's mentoring.
    All the office types are a dime a dozen-be careful about grazing in so called greener pastures!

17. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    Because Zorba is a great bloke and Perry spends too much time at Penn's Nth Sydney offices.

18. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Mark 1. Quinny 0.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,765 / 258
    I think she had worked there for 10 years and was somewhat over the "pressure cooker" atmosphere that surrounded her come semi finals and finals time, so long service leave and a change of pace would seem to be her reasoning.

So I don't believe there's anything sinister to her departure at all, and a job at the RAS would be pretty cruisy for 11 months of the year.

Jessica....I am not sure about (and I have no axe to grind) but I know there were a few mistakes made (the e-mail regarding the Centrebet account that went to the junior members is one glaring one I believe) that some said were attributable to her, so perhaps she was put under a bit of pressure.

I always got on well with her and she did what I asked very well, so as I say "no axe to grind".

Also, David Perry has a new "business plan" (that's common knowledge), so it's possible that role might become part of the new PR and Marketing role and as such her rol just became redundant....again nothing sinister I think in either girl leaving.

20. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,825 / 53
    I agree 100%, and at the end of that process I hope they hire the best sorts they can find.