Who Will Pay Choc in 2015

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

simon_eagle

Reserve Grader
By asking for an early release and then signing with Parra, surely that means the Scum will be paying his salary from now on?

Please tell me we won't still have to pay-out his reported 970k back-ended contract? Or even a portion of it, given he is no longer employed at the club.

That would be the ultimate insult and a slap in the face to this club.

I remember reading on here that we were still paying for T.Rex even though he was playing at the Dogs. This is a similar scenario, no? I.e. early release, back-ended contract...

We will be paying what we owe him,not what he would have received for playing next season for us. What we owe him is for work he has already done. So we have to suck it up better to give him that and get rid of him than if he stayed we would have been up for a lot more. I believe it is 300K we have to pay him and will be included in the cap.

Despite the fact he is playing for the Eels, or whoever, Choc is still entitled to the postponed $300k payments. In a move to make a clean separation, I encourage the club to pay the outstanding $300k, or whatever it is, RIGHT NOW. That's it. Simpels. Now we know where we stand with that issue. You know it makes sense.

Thanks for the clarification Mavin and EFM1967 :)

I agree. Pay him now for what he is owed and make a clean break.

simon_eagle said:
I remember reading on here that we were still paying for T.Rex even though he was playing at the Dogs. This is a similar scenario, no? I.e. early release, back-ended contract...
I imagine we were still paying T-Rex under the same arrangement as Watmough, even though he left,we still owed arrears him from a backended contract.

Peter C said:
simon_eagle said:
I imagine we were still paying T-Rex under the same arrangement as Watmough, even though he left,we still owed arrears him from a backended contract.

The T-Rex debacle was different. The salary cap auditor decided he did not like the back ended structure of his contract so arbitrarily enforced a ruling that Manly had to contribute more funds after he had been released

I image there are several clubs paying others to take players off their hands. The 'Riff must have paid a fortune when their two superstars, Jennings and Lewis, were moved on. Now with Brisbane looking to rissole Barbara and Kennedy they must expect to have to pay a substantial portion of their salaries to the ill-informed club/s that sign them for 2015.

The Who said:
I image there are several clubs paying others to take players off their hands. The 'Riff must have paid a fortune when their two superstars, Jennings and Lewis, were moved on. Now with Brisbane looking to rissole Barbara and Kennedy they must expect to have to pay a substantial portion of their salaries to the ill-informed club/s that sign them for 2015.

Just like the Warriors will be paying some of Mateo's deal for the next two years......I hope.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4