Who will make the top 25 squad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
1. Brett STEWART
2. Ben FARRAR
3. Jamie LYON
4. Steve MATAI
5. Jorge TAUFUA
6. Kieran FORAN
7. Daly CHERRY-EVANS
8. Jason KING
9. Matt BALLIN
10. Brent KITE
11. Anthony WATMOUGH
12. Justin HORO
13. Glen STEWART

14. Joe GALUVAO
15. Jamie BUHRER
16. Kayne LAWTON
17. Brenton LAWRENCE
18. Richie FA'AOSO
19. George ROSE
20. David WILLIAMS
21. Jesse SENE-LEFAO
22. James CUNNINGHAM
23. Ligi SAO
24. David GOWER
25. Dane CHISHOLM

Do the top 25 have to fit under the salary cap? What happens when you promote a player outside the top 25, as always happens due to injury, suspension, mid-season transfers and form?

Farrar for one. Did not do much for the time he was on. It will be interesting to see how he goes on Saturday night. Haku would have to in there as he was terrific against the Sharks. C &K replaces Cunningham. He just doesn't do enough. And I'm yet to know what's up with David Williams.

Our top 25 for this year has already been decided. Chee Kam would definitely be in it. The signing of players outside the highest 25 players (on guaranteed money I believe) belong in the 2nd tier cap which from memory was $500k or thereabouts last year (probably will be increased along with Salary cap rises). Players in that bracket have contracts which usually are heavily weighted with bonuses for playing and its why clubs usually don't fully spend that salary cap initially because they need the wiggle room there incase any of those guys make first grade. From memory it was the Dragons a few years ago who wanted to give a first grade debut to someone who wasn't in their top 25 but couldn't play him because it would have triggered a clause in his contract and the payment would have put the Dragons over their 2nd tier salary cap.

don't we only have a top 24 becuase of t-fizzle still being on our books despite being at the dogs this season???

Stevo said:
Doesn't matter who's in the team does it, Mick? You'll have them missing the 8 for sure.

10th actually. But I have been known to be wrong occasionally. :p

Brookie said:
don't we only have a top 24 becuase of t-fizzle still being on our books despite being at the dogs this season???

yes brookie, this has been reported
:argue:

DSM5 said:
Farrar for one. Did not do much for the time he was on.

Look, he's no world beater but he will be very handy.
I think some are still basing their assessment of him from the time he was thrust under huge pressure to play at fullback when Snake was down and out.
Clearly FB is not Farrar's natural position but on the wing, he is solid.
I remember some here bagging the crap out of Robbo when he was shifted to fullback.

I think it's only fair to give the kid a chance. Maybe DSM5 and others forgot that it was Farrar's first game of footy in 12 months following a knee reconstruction.

WAMF, I take your point, however we have two really good prospects to take any wing spots, and a very good prospect to fill in for Bretta if anything goes awry. And I think Farrar is to slow for a wing spot. And, with all due respect to Robbo, he is still a terrific winger, id have him back in a hertbeat, but he's not much of a fullback. And I think he'd admit that.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7