1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who will be our starting side for the WCC

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Rambo1987, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Rambo1987

Rambo1987 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +212 / 2
    I think it will be

Brett
    Robbo
    Lyon
    Matai
    Wolfman
    Bailey
    Ox
    Josh
    Ballin
    Hall
    Cuthbertson
    Choc
    Glenn

Heath
    King
    George
    Waerea-Hargreaves

2. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Good side but there is no sub to cater for the injury to a back. (We are going to miss Beaver's utility value.)

I still wonder if Cuthbo is better off the bench at the end of the halves when the defence starts to tire. King could then start with Hall in the second row.Is there a utility sub who could be on the bench?

3. Rambo1987

Rambo1987 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +212 / 2
    Heath will have to cover the Half spot - Bailey will have to cover Centre & 5/8. Lyon will cover Centre & 5/8.

But your right the wing spot will be an issue.

We need Tony Williams fit when the comp starts.

4. Canteen Worker

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    I note also that you don't have Rodney in that squad and yet I think he will be in the side.

5. clontaago

clontaago Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 1
    Could Hargreaves cover a centre possie or is he too big?

6. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    For what it's worth I think it will be

Stewart
    Robbo
    Matai
    Neumann
    Wolfman
    Killer
    Ox
    Perry
    Ballin
    King
    Hall
    Choc
    Stewart

LeSnak
    Cuthbo
    Bailey
    Rodney

7. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    C & C I'd be worried about Cuthbo's propensity to try the offload in what I see as a very wet and dour game.  Rosey-boy might get a start if it's a slush pit.  Just tell him to plough up the middle and carry defenders.  Bailey, Le Snack and Rodney seem like a lightish bench, something that Des doesn't favour.  Rambo's side looks the goods although I'd swap Hall for King.

8. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Big George was feted on here as being a creative ball player forward....the next Arthur Beetson according to some, so I think he is just as prone to pushing passes as Cuthbo. Also if the conditions are boggy he really will be a hapless water buffalo in the swamp, come defence time. I don't see what Cuthbo has done wrong to not be given first crack, Rose doesn't offer that much more IMO. The loss of Kite is a big blow and leaves us a bit light in the forwards no doubt, but Hall can play up front no worries. I can't see JWH getting a run barring 2 or 3 injuries in the warm up game. He is going along for experience only I reckon, and might get a run against Harlequins. Bailey is on bench for utility value. Rodney is open for discussion, but I think he'll get the nod.

Of course this is assuming that Des sticks with Killer at 5/8, which means that Neumann will play...........which seems to have been his preference in the past. Maybe he will surprise and start Bailey at 5/8 and bench Neumann

9. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    C & C I can't seem to find out on which channel/ Fox/9 this match will be shown here.  Any ideas? 

10. Chip and Chase

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Someone posted it on here the other day.

I'm pretty sure it was Channel 9 who have it on live Monday morning (March 2), starts at 4 or 5 in the morning from memory.

11. Canteen Worker

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    There is info on the club website about the broadcast.

12. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Des was on the pm 2gb news said that george Rose is out of the 1st game because of the flu
    and Manly will be flying under the radar in 09 as Melbourne and Brisbane will be the team to beat, Zorba this morning said all the kids and new signings HODKINSON , SUNIULA ,
    WAEREA-HARGREAVES ,RODNEY ,BAILEY ,FORAN will be making their debuts for Manly against the Quinns,

13. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14