Who will be our goal kicker next season?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Bump. Any further updates/thoughts on who our goal kicker will be next season?
Has anyone seen one of our players out kicking to their girlfriend/wife or a mate a couple of hours a day?:)

Mat Wright can kick, Api sort of but not from long range, Skivy if he plays, Walker is average ??

The two obvious options are Wright and Walker. They have averages in the low 70s, which is similar to Lyon.

If we ever need to rely on the likes of DCE, Matai and Api, whose averages are in the 50s, then we know we're in real trouble.

Walker will be in the team, and I'm sure he is being mentored to take over the role. He already Sits at 72% odd, hopefully he is getting some tuition from El Masri...

Walker will be in the team, and I'm sure he is being mentored to take over the role. He already Sits at 72% odd, hopefully he is getting some tuition from El Masri...
Walker as goal kicker? That would complete the truism: when one door closes, another one opens . . .
with a little force!

You would have to think that a competent player with an exceptional boot would be the second or third player on your shopping list.

Teams without them give sides like the Cowboys and Cronulla 4-6 points head start before they even run out.

I understand that though so far not given many opportunities in U20s, Tom Wright has been known to kick a goal or two from the sideline

I think towards the end of his career Killer became something of a reluctant kicker (kinda like Mal Meninga in his last few years). He only did it because no one else really could. Now he's retired I think we'll find that Dylan Walker will be our kicker next year with probably DCE and Api as his back ups. Hopefully Walker turns out to be a diamond in the rough as a goal kicker for us.

But a good goal kicker is essential in today's game. Just take a look at the Chooks and Sharks this year as a prime example. Ok, Maloney's general play was a big factor as well but the Chooks lost a lot of games this year for want of an accurate goal kicker, while the Sharks obviously benefited.

If you don't have a regular kicker with at LEAST a 75% success rate or at worst around 70% then you're behind the 8-ball already.

I think towards the end of his career Killer became something of a reluctant kicker (kinda like Mal Meninga in his last few years). He only did it because no one else really could. Now he's retired I think we'll find that Dylan Walker will be our kicker next year with probably DCE and Api as his back ups. Hopefully Walker turns out to be a diamond in the rough as a goal kicker for us.

But a good goal kicker is essential in today's game. Just take a look at the Chooks and Sharks this year as a prime example. Ok, Maloney's general play was a big factor as well but the Chooks lost a lot of games this year for want of an accurate goal kicker, while the Sharks obviously benefited.

If you don't have a regular kicker with at LEAST a 75% success rate or at worst around 70% then you're behind the 8-ball already.

That's true, however you can't compromise the team just to have a great kicker, in the past we did that with Ben Walker and Michael Witt, fabulous kickers but $hithouse otherwise

That's true, however you can't compromise the team just to have a great kicker, in the past we did that with Ben Walker and Michael Witt, fabulous kickers but $hithouse otherwise

True, not all good goal kickers are good players. Anyone remember Eion Crossan?

Professional era, we will have a kicker, probably not the best kicker in the league, hopefully average at least.
If the team is trained to score their tries near the posts kicking is less important.

giphy.gif

Well let's see if in this professional era we now have a goal kicking coach, and a couple of players who actually practice conversions. It's interesting that even the young Cleary is a regular student of Daryl Halligan. Our club only got a coach to come in with Lyon when he wasn't kicking well. It's an area of the game where our club really can easily improve.

Last edited:
I'd be inviting El-Masri to the club to teach goal kicking. He was a freak anywhere within 40 metres of the goal posts

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4