Who will be our 2013 Right Wing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

seaeagledave

Reserve Grader
With Oldfield and Whare going and Wolfman injured, anyone know who we will have playing right wing next year? Not sure who we could buy / afford. Can't see Farrar being first choice.

We need more depth in the backs. I see Farrar's strength as a good flexible backup but not a first choice winger

I thought the diagnosis of Wolfie's injury was 7 months.

He should be back early in 2013.

some young kid will do the job, winger is hardly the most important position to re - sign.

Id rather they lockup the 1, 6, 7 and 9 on long term deals than worry about who will be on the wing.

Fro said:
some young kid will do the job, winger is hardly the most important position to re - sign.

Id rather they lockup the 1, 6, 7 and 9 on long term deals than worry about who will be on the wing.

Haven't they done that?

I wouldn't be suprised to see one of the youngsters get a start.

Hiku, Gutherson and Gagan could all be in the mix.

And for the inevitable....they are two green respones

Tuafua, Edrik Lee, Mansour, Moga, Hurrell, Koroibete, Tuivasa-Sheck all relatively unknown at the start of 2012.

Outside backs always come through quickly

bennyeagle said:
Farrar gets first shot with wolf out. Although in my opinion he needs to beaf up, we won't have the tallest wingers next year.

I've been told we are looking at Curtis Johnston as a backup winger, http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/rugby-league/players/curtis-johnston/

He is tall and good under the high ball, only problem is that he is a bears player.

seaeagles4life said:
bennyeagle said:
Farrar gets first shot with wolf out. Although in my opinion he needs to beaf up, we won't have the tallest wingers next year.

I've been told we are looking at Curtis Johnston as a backup winger, http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/rugby-league/players/curtis-johnston/

He is tall and good under the high ball, only problem is that he is a bears player.
Good under the high ball will do me.

It will be Farrar. However I would like to see Gutherson get a few opportunities over the next 2 years, or at least get him out of Toyota Cup and into the NSW Cup side. He needs to get experience with the big boys before Brett retires in 4 years.

seaeagles4life said:
bennyeagle said:

Foran was a bears player as well.

Sumdumguy said:
Fro said:

Haven't they done that?

OMG I hope you are trying to be funny, other wise you are living up to your name...

At least Farrar will be rearing to go, having sat out for 12 months! The other issue of course is who fills in for Snake, Lyon and Matai if they are injured (or if Matai is suspended). Farrar comes into calculations for fullback and centre. Can even see Taufua coming in as centre, which means we will probably see Gutherson, Shorter and Hiku all playing at some stage of 2013 on the wing, if such injuries come about.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7