Who should we buy for next year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Has anyone else thought Hiku is carrying a bit more pudding this year? Maybe he will bypass 5/8 and end up in 2nd row.

Manly 2016

1. B.Stewart ($600,000)
2. J.Taufua
3. J.Lyon (C)
4. S.Matai
5. P.Hiku
6. F.Mateo
7. T.Hodkinson ($500,000)
8. T.Burgess ($300,000)
9. M.Ballin
10. B.Lawrence
11. J.Buhrer
12. T.Symonds
13. S.Burgess ($800,000)

Bench:
14. L.Burgess
15. J.Starling
16. J.Sene-Lefao
17. D.Lui

18. B.Leary
19. J.Trbojevic

B.Stewart, The burgess boys and Hodkinson take up 2.2m of our salary cap, that leaves 3.3 to be distributed among the others, keeping in mind once B.Stewart, J.Lyon, M.Ballin and S.Matai retire we will have easy 4m to spread among the others, plus Toovey is most likely to move on D.Williams, J.Horo, J.Hasson and a few others at the end of the year, so we will have a lot of money to invest in our juniors plus chase a few more big stars.

Justification on some players:

F.Mateo at 5/8
Was an absolute gun against the storm and was a 5/8 in his junior days and early in his career at parramatta, keeping in mind that he would indeed need to lose some weight to be a full time 5/8.

T.Hodkinson at 1/2
The most logical choice to replace $CE, (plus half the price) superb kicking game and defence, would naturally flourish under Johns and Toovey.

Burgess boys (Sam and Tom):
Enough said.

Lastly J.Starling on the bench instead of J.Trbojevic:
Thought long and hard about this one, I put starling there purely on size and experience but it would be subject to change.

Thoughts?

and as much as I'd love to have a forward in our ranks the calibre of S Burgess, I just can't see it happening.

Hodkinson is not the answer. It's akin to signing that field goal kicker from the 1999 South African Rugby National Team - Jannie de Beer. Absolute pedestrian in general play, that is so bad at his job description, the 115kg front rowers have to help him play his role.

I think it will require more than three signings. Need to replace the halves we have lost, and we have been short a few decent forwards as well. My thoughts based on spending 1.5 million in player recruitment. I dont care Carney has had issues before, Manly will set him straight, we need a dangerous ball playing half - Hodkinson is useless. Did you watch him play in the GF, no where to be seen - and he plays behind a monster pack. Elgey looks promising. Would like 2 better starting props and thew Docker in there because he is a huge back rower, whacks hard in defence and is young, and might steal him off Penrith as they have quite a few back rowers fighting for position and Cleary wants Docker to play up front, but he doesn't want to.

1. B.Stewart ($600,000)
2. J.Taufua/Cutherson
3. J.Lyon (C)
4. S.Matai
5. P.Hiku
6. Carney ($450,000)
7. Elgey ($250,00) or JLJ or Rudolph
8. T.Burgess ($450,000)
9. M.Ballin
10. Snowden/Nappa ($450,000)
11. J.Buhrer
12. Mateo
13. Adam Docker ($350,000)

Bench:
14. L.Burgess
15. Lawrence
16. J Trbo
17. D.Lui/Symonds

Yeah he did a terrible job for NSW and getting the dogs through to a grand final last year

I think it will require more than three signings. Need to replace the halves we have lost, and we have been short a few decent forwards as well. My thoughts based on spending 1.5 million in player recruitment. I dont care Carney has had issues before, Manly will set him straight, we need a dangerous ball playing half - Hodkinson is useless. Did you watch him play in the GF, no where to be seen - and he plays behind a monster pack. Elgey looks promising. Would like 2 better starting props and thew Docker in there because he is a huge back rower, whacks hard in defence and is young, and might steal him off Penrith as they have quite a few back rowers fighting for position and Cleary wants Docker to play up front, but he doesn't want to.

1. B.Stewart ($600,000)
2. J.Taufua/Cutherson
3. J.Lyon (C)
4. S.Matai
5. P.Hiku
6. Carney ($450,000)
7. Elgey ($250,00) or JLJ or Rudolph
8. T.Burgess ($450,000)
9. M.Ballin
10. Snowden/Nappa ($450,000)
11. J.Buhrer
12. Mateo
13. Adam Docker ($350,000)

Bench:
14. L.Burgess
15. Lawrence
16. J Trbo
17. D.Lui/Symonds

I don't think Docker would command 350k, and I have a feeling Tom Burgess would attract close to 600k a year.

He is ****e. And not what we need, we just lost one of the more creative halves in the game and the key to our backline. We should under no circumstances replace him with a robotic, overtly structured and creativity free zone that is Trent hodkinson.

No to docker aswell. Hits hard, agreed. But has hands worse than watmough and no running game. A very limited player.

NO HODKINSON.

if he can't dominate behind a massive dogs pack with they're go forward, he can't do it anywhere. He is serviceable at best.

Didn't the dogs make the GF last year and didn't he win state of origin as the half?

I would take Hodko and Maloney, they could win us a GF. At least they have the experience and would be half the cost of the 2 we lost.

What are his goal kicking stats? Must be one of the best in the game. His in play kicks aren't great but he does plenty. It would also open up a spot for hodges which so many want as hodko suits a running hooker

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6