Who needs Gift??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Chip and Chase said:
Frank said:
manlyfan76 said:
So when is he back. How is is injury (finger?) going.

It was a shoulder and according to the "official" site he is due back in two weeks (round 7).

I thought it was a knee. Any other takers ?

Gift kept indicating to the medical staff that his knee was not right and when asked to show where, would point to the spot that was sore to touch. They couldn't find anything despite all the scans, but Gift kept pointing to the spot and saying it hurt.

The staff then asked him to point to his other knee, and Gift said that that one hurt as well when he touched it. They tried the same technique on his ankle, elbow and shoulder before breaking the news to Gift that it was his finger that was injured.

Must admit that I've been very impressed with a few of the Manly recruits especially Lawrence, Fa'aiso, Horo and Symonds. In fact I wouldnt be surprised to see Symonds' name in the rep teams this year which will be a kick up the A for Sydney City who let him go...dumb move that one. I also suspect Taufua will be in a rep side this year also.

Not bad that we lost Williams for a couple of fringe first graders who have slotted in nicely and one wonders at how smart Dessie is for paying such big money for T-Rex. That's two Manly players Canterbury have stolen from Manly recently with huge contracts only to see them flounder (T-Rex and Hodkinson).

Though NSW Cup and NYC sides are stuttering at present, there's enough potential there for both sides to reach the finals. There's a couple of players with top talent waiting for their chance to impress. Manly certainly has bought well this year.

By the way I recall Rothfield suggesting Canterbury would win the comp this year. Hmmmm. In reality I'm also rather surprised at how poorly they are travelling but I suspect with Graham and Kasiano back soon that will change.

THe process of getting Kasiano fit and playing would be much the same as trying to get a lame elephant on its feet - difficult and time consuming. From what I hear he won't be back anytime soon.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6