Who is the best player in the world?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yep biasedly - Jamie Lyon is on fire atm

unbiasedly - billy slater

COMMANDER said:
If there was a Manly bias, I'd say Jamie Lyon.

But who is the best?

I'd grudgingly and sickeningly have to say Cam Smith closely followed by Jamie Lyon.

On present form Jamie is probably top 2.

Cam Smith is (as above) probably best - just the control he has of a game, and worryingly Benji Marshall and G Inglis are starting to look very very good

Bill Harrigan
Best human to ever run on to a field. Never made a mistake and every game he had a direct influence on the outcome.

Slater is the best attacking player but has defensive shortcomings. Smith is the best overall player.

It hurts, but I have never seen a player like Cam Smith dominate in defense and attack every game. He niggles and plays ugly but he is an absolute match controller. There is no way it would have been 40-0 if he was on the field in 08 (but I don't care :)). And he still has that level of influence this year. Marshall is really shining in '12 and wouldn't be far behind imo. Lyon would be my third choice.

A hard choice between

Greg Inglis
Billy Slater
Jonathan Thurston- why does he kick so well in origin games:-(

But since manly is the team I love, I'll say Jamie:)

Are we talking present or past?

Hazem El Masri for me would have to be the best in the world (NRL highest point scorer in history), NRL top point scorer for 2 years, over 300 club games, and very few injuries.

At present in present comp.. given ladder position I'd have to say Cooper Cronk, but purely on strike rates Ben Barba for attack and goal line defence would have to be close.

Brett Stewart the other year was easily up there with the best.

I guess it depends on the position played too.

I think Jamie Lyon and Paul Gallen are 2 of the best right now.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4