Who is our new recruitment manager?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It all boils down to- "you can't make a silk purse out of a pig's arse" (or something like that)
Do we still have feeder clubs?
What about the Sunshine coast outfit that produce DCE and Hodgkinson? There seemed to be constant steam of new players.
Are feeder clubs no longer viable in our "corporate" world?
Do we now scramble to find someone when a player leaves?
I do understand that the Turbos are a local product...

That's a bit too much credit to give the Sunshine Coast.
They didn't produce anyone. They were just our reserve grade team for a couple of years but based interstate.
Parra produced Hodko through their 20's. Manly bought him as backup and he played reggies on the Sunshine Coast. DCE was signed to Manly at a very early age and was playing U20's at Brookvale for a few years before he stepped up to reserves for a season with the Coast.

All those guys that came out of that team like T-Rex and co were brought to the SC by Manly, not the other way around. We weren't there long enough to get any value out of it.

I was told on good authority that Scott Fulton is on the payroll at Manly and working in the area of recruitment.
Seems you're right ...

The Final Rev-Up: Bozo's boy wins the day
August 21, 2015 11:53am
luciusadam_pqkemiwzmmvp184lscancp9r6.jpg
By Adam Lucius

Scott Fulton is the unsung hero of one of the great snatch-and-grab signings in recent NRL history.
Joeys College schoolboy rugby star Tom Wright was being chased hard by clubs in both codes, but it was Scott, in his role as one of Manly's recruitment officers, who emerged from the crowded pack to seal the deal.

After Bob Fulton fielded a tip from a former league great that Wright was one out of the box and worth pursuing, Scott scouted the five-eighth at several GPS matches and built a relationship with him and his family.

The deal clincher came on the day Manly beat Cronulla at Brookvale Oval back in July.

Wright and his family were guests in the Sea Eagles owner's box during the game before young Tom was taken into the dressing-room to join the players in their victory song.

He signed soon after, devastating slow moving rugby officials who had hoped he would pledge his future to the 15-a-side game.

That's a bit too much credit to give the Sunshine Coast.
They didn't produce anyone. They were just our reserve grade team for a couple of years but based interstate.
Parra produced Hodko through their 20's. Manly bought him as backup and he played reggies on the Sunshine Coast. DCE was signed to Manly at a very early age and was playing U20's at Brookvale for a few years before he stepped up to reserves for a season with the Coast.

All those guys that came out of that team like T-Rex and co were brought to the SC by Manly, not the other way around. We weren't there long enough to get any value out of it.
Just the GF and i think undefeated

Just the GF and i think undefeated

Shouldn't they thank Manly for giving them all thise players then?
Didn't they come last when we were forced to pull out?
It was a one way street. I don't see how it matters which comp our reggies play in. I just don't get how they can be ready for first grade in Sydney if they have a game in Qld.
Where did the guys who were up and down between the grades live? Not just the professional fringe first graders but the U20's kids getting a reggies run.
It's much better for stability having the reserves back in Sydney. Plus we can go and watch them play. Not that I got to many of their games this year.

Fultons, Jason Lussick
You are right. But Jason Lussick is also scouting one of the reasons we have 2 rugby players signed, through his kids rugby. He is also best mates with the Bozos known Scott for years and another reason why Darcy is back next season and Jason is coaching, Hoppa snr is good mates with Jason and thats why he is coaching next season.....I am sure mates rates apply

Friends of the Beacon Hill Bears. They stripped the local junior competition of the players he hand picked and played in the Sunday comp. no public trials, if u didn't play for him , no start in his Harold Matts squad.

Not sure if it has been mentioned but I think John Cartwright also has a role in recruitment.
Think there was a Manly Daily story about that. I remember reading it somewhere. Like recruitment falls under JC.

Maybe if our recruiter is JC, then that rumour about Hayne to Manly is true. He will follow his leader...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6